Find
Notify
Tools

CBD
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
I have what appears to be arthritis in my knee and my doc told me to get come CBD gel to try. I'm not sure it's legal everywhere but it is here and - wow! I can't believe how well it works. No more Aleve for me, and I was getting worried about using so much of it.

It works in about 5 minutes and seems to last all day. Not super expensive and I can't find much on the net as far as negative side effects.

Anyone know anything about it? Tried it? Comments?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34968 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Smiler

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Oooh! I was just diagnosed with arthritis in my knees, and I'm in a legal CBD state. What kind do you use? Do you just apply it directly to your knees?

Curiously, Nina

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
We have legal recreational pot in Co.
That has made CBD without THC hard to find.
Got some locally with THC and it was more THC than Don wanted to deal with.
Good to hear is not too expensive. Will look again.
What I found earlier would have been over $100 a week out of pocket.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25708 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Oooh! I was just diagnosed with arthritis in my knees, and I'm in a legal CBD state. What kind do you use? Do you just apply it directly to your knees?

Curiously, Nina

And WTG, checking for Mr WTG

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with arthritic knees, that's not much fun!

So the stuff you're using is a topical application? That's interesting, and reminds me of.... what's it called, arnica? Except I don't know how well arnica works.

Anyway, I'm glad you're getting relief! You'll have to update us after you've used it for awhile and tell us what you think.

I wonder if (or more likely, when) there will be cbd for migraines.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18501 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Wow, that reminds me, my MIL brought some for me to try, and my arthritic thumb has been bothering me. I will let you know. I know two people who take CBD oil for anxiety issues and swear by it. I know someone else who takes CBD gummies that have a small amount of THC in them (supposedly that is what works the best) and it really helps.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wait, THC and CBD aren’t the same?

I am totally clueless about all of this!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18501 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by well-tempered gardener:
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:

Curiously, Nina

And WTG, checking for Mr. WTG

My doctor had me take this picture of the products he uses on his own hands. One is available on Amazon, the other on eBay. One smells like Vics Vapo-Rub, the other does not. I'm not sure which is which.

He carries some with him in a contact lens case.

This is the stuff I've used for two days. It's sold online by "Hempnotics" and this little bottle cost me $32 from a friend of mine who has started selling it. The website lists it at $49. I know there are some brands that cost a lot more.

It doesn't seem to take very much and I'll bet this bottle lasts more than a month.

Posts: 34968 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Wait, THC and CBD aren’t the same?

I am totally clueless about all of this!!

Probably too simplistic, but from what I understand THC is the part that gets you high. CBD is the part that doesn't. I've read that CBD is now legal in all states while THC is not.

The stuff I have is a topical, like sunscreen. I understand there are other kinds you take like a pill or a potion.

As for Arnica - I have tried it for bruising and never found it did much.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Steve.

Man, we're a bunch of old fogeys. First a pain relief thread, then I posted about my middle-age eye probs.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Consider this just a PSA for those wanting to try CBD without THC and unable to get it where they are and not a mom marketing for her offspring.

Muffin's Sister sells it through a mail-order business. (It's probably a multi-level marketing scenario, but whatever gets me my pain relief...)

Some of you are in touch with her through Facebook, but if you're not and you want to try CBD for pain relief, PM me and I'll get you her contact information.

I found it to work pretty well, in both oral and roll-on forms.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Remarkable.

Last fall our vet had given us a CBD product for our Maggie, who for years used to get anxious during thunderstorms; it's a product to be taken orally. For some reason, her anxiety disappeared and the bottle sat in the cabinet untouched.

After Steve posted about CBD, Mr WTG decided to try putting some on his knee, which has really been bothering him today. Significant relief within minutes.

Thanks, Steve!

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who was today years old when they first heard of CBD?

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
You might want to look in to it.

I think it’s gonna be bigger than Asprin.