well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Urgent Wedding Shower Question
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Urgent Wedding Shower Question
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I can give cash for the wedding. I don’t want to give cash for the shower.

This is because if I give a small shower gift — and shower gifts are supposed to be small — I look like a huge cheapskate. Even though I plan to give a respectable cash gift for the wedding.

And there is a chance she might open gifts at the shower, and then I get to look like a tightwad in front of my friends.

I think I am going to give a $50 gift box of hot sauce and call it good enough.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
OK, I've changed my mind.

I'm going to give them a cocktail shaker from Crate and Barrel. Inside I will put my favorite recipe for certain cocktail we like.

Yes, it leaves the unfortunate impression that the Sphinx family tradition is getting hammered.

I no longer care about appearances.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:

hysteric

At this point, you've spent so much mental energy on this, that in and of itself should be your gift!! ROTFLMAO

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
OK, I've changed my mind.

I'm going to give them a cocktail shaker from Crate and Barrel. Inside I will put my favorite recipe for certain cocktail we like.

Yes, it leaves the unfortunate impression that the Sphinx family tradition is getting hammered.

Nah, you look suave and urbane. And it’s a lasting memento, unlike the hot sauces.

Edited to add: My mom-in-law received a pie plate at her wedding shower, with a recipe for pumpkin pie that was her future husband’s favorite. We still use that same recipe now, 60+ years later.

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post