well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Parens Patriae
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parens Patriae
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
D.) Not enough information to answer the question.

Evil

Posts: 12536 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Here's what I don't get: The child was seen by a physician; why is he telling them to go to ER? If my doctor told me to go to ER for checkups I'd ask him what the freak his job was all about. ER is for emergencies, these people had already seen a doctor. What gives?

--------------------------------
http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10573 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
If he did have meningitis he would need to go to the hospital. The entry point would be ER, not an appointment.

I’ve been sent to ER when the local clinic didn’t have the ability - equipment really - needed to make a diagnosis.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
Here's what I don't get: The child was seen by a physician; why is he telling them to go to ER? If my doctor told me to go to ER for checkups I'd ask him what the freak his job was all about. ER is for emergencies, these people had already seen a doctor. What gives?

When my gall bladder went, I saw the GP. She said pretty much this: “go get in your car and drive straight to the ER. Don’t go home first.” I saw nothing wrong with that.

And the ER doc said it was a good use of emergency services.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post