well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Range hood

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range hood
 Login/Join

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted
Want.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Would make an awesome fireplace mantel, too

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21339 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Thanks, but my keys are sticky enough as it is.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Thanks, but my keys are sticky enough as it is.

Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20447 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I would be certain to whack into the bottom edge of the legs pretty often.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:

Me, too. I have a bad habit of running my face into an open cupboard door. Wrecked a glasses lens that way! (Crazed the coating. Yay for warranties!)

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
quote:

Me, too. I have a bad habit of running my face into an open cupboard door. Wrecked a glasses lens that way! (Crazed the coating. Yay for warranties!)

I thought it was just me.

We have the "please close the cupboard door even if you're just walking away from it for a second" discussion regularly in our house. Mr wtg leaves the upper door in the pantry cabinet open occasionally. It hits me in the forehead; he just fits underneath....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who HATES that? I would constantly feel like it was going to fall on me. Maybe I watched too many cartoons where people got crushed under pianos when I was a kid.

Posts: 4402 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
My best range hood story is the time we wired up a huge commercial range hood in a fancy house. No one considered make-up air requirements, apparently.

When they turned it on it sucked all of the ashes out of the fireplace, across the white living room, across the dining room and in to the hood.

Hilarity ensued...

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

100% I would have made that mistake. When we did the kitchen remodel in our Arizona house, I was so tired of crapola garbage disposals that I told the contractor, "I want one that can crunch up bricks."

Well, I don't know if what he initially installed could actually crunch up bricks, but when we turned it on every glass and dish in the cabinets started shaking. We had to remove it and go with a different one.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Am I the only one who HATES that? I would constantly feel like it was going to fall on me. Maybe I watched too many cartoons where people got crushed under pianos when I was a kid.

It's a clever use of an old piano, but I'm in your camp when it comes to installing one in my house.

Nope.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

We have an upper cupboard door that yes, you can close, but it's not very secure, so it SILENTLY opens on its own. I've barely escaped injury a few times.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
quote:
quote:

We have an upper cupboard door that yes, you can close, but it's not very secure, so it SILENTLY opens on its own. I've barely escaped injury a few times.

The offender in question at our house is one that blocks the walkway between fridge and cupboard into a hallway. Still, it’s better than it used to be. When we moved in, there was a globe light fixture that would get hit by opening the cupboard door. D’oh! We traded out for can light fixtures pretty quickly.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post