well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A crazy thing happened here today.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A crazy thing happened here today.
 Login/Join

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted
This old (and seriously off his rocker) acquaintance, (not a friend by any stretch of the imagination) shows up at a good friend’s house today, and tries to walk in the house. My friend interrupts him and tells him to back off because they are not allowing anyone to visit due to the virus.

This idiot tells him that he has the virus, that everyone is going to get it anyway, and that he knows how to cure it. My friend insists very forcibly, that he leave and he eventually does. This bastard got well within 6 feet of my friend, his wife and daughter.

Then he does the same thing to another friend. My friend calls me as I am just getting out of the shower and tells me the story and to watch out for him.

Sarah was walking the dog, I saw her standing well away from a vehicle, talking to the occupants, which I found out were our old neighbors who were going stir crazy and decided to take a ride through the old neighborhood. I called her and told her about what our friend had said and told her to please get back inside the house.

As she is walking up the driveway (a long driveway) about halfway to the house I see her start to walk faster and she comes in the door and yells OMG! HE’S HERE!

This crazy person is a truck driver and I watch as he turns around and parks his 18 wheeler cab in front of my house. As soon as he exits the cab, I am standing on my from porch and I scream at the the top of my lungs to not set foot on my property or I will call the cops.

He keeps moving toward my yard. Now, I am at least 200 feet from him and he is not in the yard yet, I scream as loud as I could GET THE **** OFF MY PROPERTY! He yells at me! WHY ARE YOU FREAKING OUT ON ME! I scream again. GET THE **** OUT OF HERE! I don’t know how many times I yelled this and I cannot imagine what my neighbors must think of this incident. He gets in his truck and drives away.

Then I text another friend who I think he might try to visit, and tell him to watch out for him. Then I call the cops. Gave them as much information as I could about this person and the information that I got from my friends. I eventually found out that he is living in town and is at his parents house. I look up the address in an old phone book we had laying around, and called the cops back because they wanted to know where he lives and I did not know this during my first call.

Unreal, and extremely stress inducing. If he was telling my two friends the truth about having the virus and any of them get infected I want that bastard arrested.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Hope the police get to him.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Wow. That’ll get your adrenaline going.

So sorry you guys had to go through that.

Comfort

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37881 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wow, that’s very disconcerting. Glad you had forewarning and that you contacted the police etc.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
He must be really crazy, Mark. If he wasn't before, then now. Pitying his parents (wondering how old and healthy they are).

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Fortunately for them, I recently found out, they were very old when they died.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
HairRaising

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Some people probably lose it when they think they are under a possible death sentence.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he has a mental illness.

J

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Crazy. And scary.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
MrsTuner has noticed on a couple of occasions on walks that while some people are oblivious to social distancing, there have been a couple of times where someone seems to actually curve closer rather than farther away...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
MrsTuner has noticed on a couple of occasions on walks that while some people are oblivious to social distancing, there have been a couple of times where someone seems to actually curve closer rather than farther away...

Perhaps some of the people who do this (or merely avoid masks) suspect they themselves have symptoms.
They may be expressing hostility to their fellows, a way of being secretly powerful.

I've noticed a few check-out people, maskless, seem like they might fall into this category (more than one seemed a bit coughy). Can see why some could well feel feel resentment in today's America, a sense of being cheated - getting the sh*t end of the stick.

Acting on the same impulse only far milder, that makes some shoot strangers.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
Sounds like he has a mental illness.

J

At one point in time several years ago, he claimed he knew that Jesus had returned and was living in Montana with his dog.

Yes, he is certifiably insane mentally ill.

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jesus had returned and was living in Montana with his dog.

Maybe neighbors of the Jodis?

Ole

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post