well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Words fail

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Words fail
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
The reopening of First Youth Church after three months of remote sermons was going to be a party. No kid would want to miss the event, a Facebook flier promised of a night filled with “free food (yeah you read that right, FREE), basketball, and karaoke!!”

Sixteen-year-old Carsyn Davis was a dedicated student at the Fort Myers youth ministry, her family said. She loved Jesus. So, naturally, Carsyn was among the hundred or so kids to attend the church’s reopening event on June 10.

Carsyn didn’t wear a mask when she attended the party, even though she was obese, asthmatic, and had a history of childhood cancer and a rare autoimmune disorder, according to a county medical examiner’s report. None of the other kids around her wore masks either — wearing a mask wasn’t required by state officials despite the known risks of indoor transmission.

Less than two weeks later, on June 23, the teen died of pneumonia brought on by COVID-19. She had turned 17 on June 21, in the hospital. Carsyn was the youngest person in Florida to die from the disease at the time. Her persistent health issues contributed to her death, according to the medical examiner report.

The full story. It's even worse than you can imagine.

What stupidity.

https://www.miamiherald.com/ne...rticle244027067.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37881 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Frowner

quote:
But he also heaped scorn on the president for his using his position to spurn the wearing of masks while relentlessly touting an unproven drug as a potential “game changer.”

This. While it's easy to blame individual people (or parents, like the ones in this story), ultimately the main responsibility lies in "leaders" who are not doing what they need to be doing and are making things worse with their confused and ambiguous messaging. VeryAngry

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
A person in their 30s died in south Texas after attending a "COVID party," thinking it was a hoax, according to a health care official.

Jane Appleby, chief medical officer for Methodist Healthcare in San Antonio, said in a recorded statement to News 4 San Antonio that she heard a "heartbreaking" story about a 30-year-old patient who attended a COVID party.

"This is a party held by somebody diagnosed with the COVID virus and the thought is that people get together to see if the virus is real and if anyone gets infected," Appleby said. "Just before the patient died, they looked at their nurse and said 'I think I made a mistake, I thought this was a hoax, but it's not.'"

"This is just one example of a potentially avoidable death of a young member in our community and I can't imagine the loss in the family," the doctor said, adding that there are multiple patients in their 20s and 30s in critical condition due to the novel coronavirus.

Appleby said she released details of this case to show no one is "invincible" from COVID-19 that is adversely younger people.

"It doesn't discriminate and none of us are invincible. I don't want to be an alarmist and we're just trying to share some real-world examples to help our community realize that this virus is very serious and can spread easily," Appleby said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...-BB16CCy8?li=BBnb7Kz

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37881 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Words fail indeed.

Frowner

All the people pushing the conspiracy theories, the hoax stuff, and all of our so-called leaders who are minimizing the risks etc., they all have blood on their hands.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post