well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    They're coming out of the woodwork

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

They're coming out of the woodwork
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
They're emboldened by I-1's example. This is not going to end well.

quote:
A video posted to social media shows a suburban gas station clerk telling a customer to “go back to their country” and threatening that immigration officials will come for them.

The Facebook video posted Tuesday is less than a minute long and apparently shows a verbal confrontation at a Bucky’s Gas Station at 1576 S. Washington St. in Naperville.

The video shows a clerk behind a counter commenting on undocumented immigrants to a woman.

“I’m an American,” he says. The woman replies, “And? What is your problem?”

“Are you a citizen?” the clerk asks. “Don’t you know the rules? They need to go back to their country. It’s illegal.”

After the woman threatens to call the police, the clerk tells her, “ICE will come... You’re in the wrong country.”

Clerk was fired:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2...their-country-police

https://www.nbcchicago.com/new...inois-512891321.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37704 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
A pregnant African American lawmaker in Georgia said she was verbally attacked in a supermarket Friday by a middle-aged white man who used profanity, called her vulgar names and told her to “go back where you came from” as her nine-year-old daughter looked on.

Erica Thomas, a Democrat and Georgia state representative from Austell, said the man was irate that she was in an express line with too many items. Thomas said she was in a line for customers with 10 items or less because she cannot stand for long periods of time.

“And this white man comes up to me and says, ‘You lazy son of a bitch,”’ Thomas said, sobbing as she described the confrontation in a Facebook video. “He says, ‘You lazy son of a bitch; you need to go back where you came from.”’

Thomas said she was stunned by his anger. “I said, ‘Sir, you don’t even know me. I’m not lazy. I’m nine months pregnant.”’....

Thomas told the Associated Press that it appeared the man had already paid for his groceries when he approached her.
Trump has made Ilhan Omar the face of his re-election strategy
Read more

“He ran up on me and just verbally assaulted me,” she said in the AP interview. At one point, Thomas said, the man told her “You people are ignorant.”

Thomas said a store employee at some point approached the man and told him to leave.

https://www.theguardian.com/us...tack-georgia-go-back

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37704 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
And even closer to home....Mr wtg was at the doctor's office a few days ago and a couple walked in, talking about "send her back". Hubby looked at the young woman behind the desk (who did not look white) and said to his wife "I wonder if she's legal."

VeryAngry and Frowner

Bazootiehead-in-training

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
It's amazing to me that so many whites think that they came from .... America??

Maybe they should just go back to where they came from.... Leaving

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7542 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
This is so horrible.

It's just a matter of time before something like this happens to Mr. SK. Or maybe the two of us, since we speak Japanese together, and it's probably pretty noticeable when we're out and about, jabbering away.

It wouldn't be so bad (relatively speaking) if it happened while I was there, but I hate to think of something like this happening to him when he's by himself... Frowner

We're going to have to have "the talk" now, I guess.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18302 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Have avoided my hometown and "friends" even while looking at my land there for nearly two years.
Today I got a friend request from a lesbian who has never fit in and from her I learned that a couple I know is anti-Trump.
That is 3 people among approximately 3000.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25667 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
We had incidents like that on my campus back in November of 2016.

Posts: 12491 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Nice to see them coming out in to the open.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34817 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I hope he's right.

quote:
Tyler Sewell, 53, sitting outside the Mudhouse Downtown cafe in Charlottesville, said Trump’s racism was calculated.

“He doesn’t do anything without a purpose,” he said. “He’s targeting that base and we know what he’s saying. He wouldn’t have said ‘Go back where you came from’ if he didn’t really intend to say immigrants go home.

“He’s playing on this fear – there’s a real white, blue-collar American fear of the browning of America. They’re afraid of brown people. It’s irrational. It’s unavoidable. Our country is getting browner and that’s just the way it’s going to be. They see the browning of America as a loss of American values but it’s American values we were all brought up with as white people.”

Sewell, who works in digital media, voted for Trump in 2016 but now bitterly regrets it and will not do so again.

A lot of my Democrat friends are terrified. They think Trump’s gonna win. I don’t. I think he’s going to lose
Tyler Sewell

“He thinks he’s going to win,” he said. “I don’t imagine how he’s ever going to win this time because I look at Republican women and I don’t know a woman alive that’s gonna vote for this man now.

“A lot of my Democrat friends are terrified. They see the writing on the wall and think Trump’s gonna win. I don’t. I think he’s going to lose. But I am ashamed. I would like to take that vote back.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us...rats-ilhan-omar-2020

Bazootiehead-in-training