well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Check out the kitchen appliances

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Check out the kitchen appliances
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
About 5 mins from my house...

https://www.zillow.com/homedet...-60004/3317852_zpid/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That’s a nice house. Looks like they kept the original appliances when they remodeled the kitchen in the ‘80s.

I think that range is a Chambers. They have quite a cult following.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
You have a good eye. It is a Chambers.

quote:
MAD MEN comes to Arlington Heights. You will swear Don or Betty Draper will be greeting you at the door. This 1950's dream has been preserved, restored and elevated. The attention to detail that the sellers brings to this home is a rare find. Sun-drenched living room with crab-orchard stone fireplace, hardwood flooring and sleek trim. Pass through the swinging kitchen door (yes, Hazel would be proud) and you are having breakfast with Beaver Cleaver. 1950's Chambers stove is pristine and the General Electric refrigerator is in perfect condition. Bath has been stylishly updated to keep in period. This home is spotless and has been meticulously maintained. Basement is a FULL basement. Updated electrical panel. Basement has a stand alone commode. The U shaped design results in courtyard that will not disappoint. Extended side apron on the drive for additional parking space. The location is another FANTASTIC feature. Rec Park - Marianos - Metra - downtown Arlington Heights are all located just blocks away. Windsor-South-Prospect schools. MID-CENTURY LOVERS - run , do not walk - this home is special.

No pictures of the bath in the listing; would love to see what they did.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
I can smell the asbestos in that basement floor tile from here LOL.

Posts: 4390 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Great house. They kept the wonderful midcentury flair but updated where it counts. love it. I bet it's built like a tank, too.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Another nice house.

https://www.zillow.com/homedet...-60004/3248627_zpid/

What’s really special about it though, is that whoever shovels those walks and patios is really, really good at it. Those lines! Those edges!

It’s a lot harder to do than it looks. Yes

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The little midcentury ranch with the vintage appliances is under contract; it was listed two days ago. Inventory is really low here and it seems every house that is at all desirable gets snapped up.

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh I love that kitchen!! (In WTG's listing) Even the phone!!! ROTFLMAO

I really like the rugs and other little details there too.

quote:
I can smell the asbestos in that basement floor tile from here LOL.

Oof!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post