well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Michigan Lawmakers ....
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michigan Lawmakers ....
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Meant to snip this bit from the WaPo article:

quote:
In the fall of 2016, 392 Detroit precincts, or 59 percent of the total, had discrepancies of at least one ballot, accounting for at least 916 votes, the data show.

This fall, 179 Detroit precincts, or 28 percent of the total, had discrepancies of at least one ballot, accounting for at least 433 votes.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I'm truly curious how long they'll allow this to go on for. They said a little while ago, they have more than 500 people waiting to speak. They're giving them 90 seconds each. Even without time to switch from person to person, at one minute per person, that's more than eight more hours. That'd be after midnight, I guess. When do they give up and say, enough?

Posts: 45719 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I stopped watching a while ago. While it's interesting to watch the process, I didn't think I was going to learn anything new.

In my town, everyone who shows up for a public meeting is allowed to speak. But even for contentious topics, we've never been anywhere near 500. Maybe 30 or 40 and they get three minutes each.

Van Langevelde made some comments at the beginning of the meeting that amounted to 1) the board has to vote to certify and 2) people who want to speak deserve the opportunity.

I think it's gonna be a long night.

For anyone who wants to catch up on what's happened so far:

https://www.detroitnews.com/st...fication/6390475002/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
I'm truly curious how long they'll allow this to go on for. They said a little while ago, they have more than 500 people waiting to speak. They're giving them 90 seconds each. Even without time to switch from person to person, at one minute per person, that's more than eight more hours. That'd be after midnight, I guess. When do they give up and say, enough?

Well, look at that. Almost immediately after I said so, they decided they'd heard enough. They are giving closing speeches.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
IT'S OVER!!!!!

3 votes in favor, 1 abstention. It's certified.

Then they voted 4-0 to do a recount.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Count away. If Biden is still the winner, the other side won't believe it anyway.

We have Georgia, on its second recount, as a shining example.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
In a national news release, the campaign for President Donald Trump announced there would be legislative hearings in Michigan and other states across the country next week to examine the results of the 2020 election.

The problem: Michigan lawmakers say there are no election hearings next week

Trump attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis said in a news release issued Tuesday that the legislative meeting is scheduled for next Tuesday. They repeated misleading and inaccurate statements to argue the meetings are a necessary way to examine what they call proof of fraud and election irregularities.

Neither the Trump campaign, nor anyone else, has presented any proof of widespread fraud or misconduct in Michigan or any other state.

Representatives for state House and Senate leadership confirmed Wednesday there will not be any hearings on the election next week.

"We were trying to get (Giuliani) to appear in person to testify. We couldn’t logistically make it work. I’ve asked him to submit his written testimony, and we’ll review it," said Rep. Matt Hall, an Emmett Township Republican and chairman of the House Oversight Committee.

https://www.freep.com/story/ne...-hearing/6419717002/

Bazootiehead-in-training