well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The woman who died
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The woman who died
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
There's some pretty detailed video of the woman getting shot readily available on the internet. Seems like the rioters were congregated outside a doorway with sidelight windows and the police were holding position inside. One of the sidelight windows was broken and the woman advanced to the window and had started to crawl through when she got shot.

Not gory, but still horrifying -- consider yourself warned. If you don't want to see the actual shooting, the first 30-40 seconds seem to capture the general chaos and the closeness of the cops vs. the rioters fairly well. You can stop it before she starts to climb through the window.
https://youtu.be/AZ9oThRuMVs

There was another one that no longer seems to be available that seemed to be taken from the other sidelight - it focused only on the officer holding position off to the left side inside a doorway - he had a pistol pointed at the door/sidelight area and was clearly trying to get the protestors to stay back. At one point, you saw him extend the pistol and kind of shake it in warning almost, then fire the shot.

Yes, there are two videos, one from the side and one from the back (in relation to the woman), they pretty clearly show what happened. She started to go through the broken window into the space that was being protected, and she was stopped with a bullet.

As the GOP congress critter said, police were trying to hold off two points. She was part of a group that formed the second point of attack, and the officer used lethal fire to stop that second point of attack. He claimed the officer likely saved lives that way. I have no way to judge that. But I doubt anyone is going to second guess that action.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Markwayne Mullin was right there when it happened. You might want to watch the interviews with him that I posted a ways back.

I did, and I started screaming epithets at him when he said Trump wasn't to blame for inciting the mob, "we all were." Typical GOP. No blame ... what about.

I had a similar reaction. But upon reflection I think there is an element of truth in what he said.

At least I believe that for myself.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37796 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I started screaming epithets at him when he said Trump wasn't to blame for inciting the mob, "we all were."

Well, Trump is to blame, and all of the people who enabled him are also to blame....

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
The media is not to blame. The Democrats are not to blame. We're not ALL to blame. Saying we're all to blame is the classic way to dodge responsibility for naming the primary causes. Trump bears primary responsibility. Hawley and Cruz (and Gaetz and others in the House) are seriously implicated as lying provocateurs offering cover for the mob. The "lying NY Times" is not at fault.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
BTW, a Capitol police officer has now died of his injuries.

CNN report, though it has been all over Twitter for a while

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Interesting to read more about Ashli Babbitt, the woman shot in the Capitol Building.

One being, her ex-husband's girlfriend applied for (and was finally granted) a Protection from Abuse from her because she was harassing the girlfriend, including deliberately (and repeatedly) rear-ending girlfriend's car.

She sounds to have been kind of unstable.

"Her social media accounts suggest that she also, increasingly, embraced the conspiratorial thinking of QAnon, which has asserted that the 2020 presidential election was stolen by an elite Satan-worshiping cabal, and that it was up to ordinary people to reinstate Mr. Trump.

Right before leaving, (s)he retweeted a post that promised a violent uprising that would lead to Mr. Trump’s second inauguration.

“Nothing will stop us,” she wrote on Twitter the day before her death. “They can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours …. dark to light!”

about the woman killed in the Capitol

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I will never understand these people.

One of the people who died during the coup had a heart attack. His son talked to media about what a great dad he was. I was expecting to see a man lovingly tossing a baseball with his son. Or fishing. Or teaching him to ride a bike. Apparently, the picture given to the press was this:

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Because nothing says "let's celebrate the birth of Christ" like a couple automatic weapons.

Posts: 4390 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I have no problems saying that these people have no connection to any form of faith that I understand as "Christian" in nature. THEY think they're Christian, and I do not accept their self-evaluation.

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will never understand these people.

+1

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Apparently more video has come to light of the shooting of the woman.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...oting-video-capitol/

Same story in Seattle Times for non-subscribers:

https://www.seattletimes.com/n...bitt-in-the-capitol/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37796 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Holy ****. That shows exactly what happened. How terrifying for those three officers guarding the door (they must not have had weapons) - and they waited for the back-up coming with the weapons up the stairs and then moved aside - but the backup didn’t;t get there in time to keep the rioters from breaking the windows or to keep the woman from starting to climb through (and she got shot). Curious as to why the far left activist was there filming - to get the footage? Or to be a rioter?

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post