well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The woman who died
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The woman who died
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I care.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37749 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I care. That woman was lied to over and over by that asshole in the Whitehouse, to the point that she felt she was justified in doing what she was doing. It’s his fault she is dead. Along with all the others who enabled his lies.

Frankly I’m surprised more people were not shot.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20409 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I'll be honest, its very easy for me to start hating these people, but then I remember they're victims at the end of the day.

That doesn't mean I'm not all for locking every one of them up for the full 10 years the law allows. Especially the vermin that brought the confederate flag into the rotunda where Lincoln lay at rest.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
There's some pretty detailed video of the woman getting shot readily available on the internet. Seems like the rioters were congregated outside a doorway with sidelight windows and the police were holding position inside. One of the sidelight windows was broken and the woman advanced to the window and had started to crawl through when she got shot.

Not gory, but still horrifying -- consider yourself warned. If you don't want to see the actual shooting, the first 30-40 seconds seem to capture the general chaos and the closeness of the cops vs. the rioters fairly well. You can stop it before she starts to climb through the window.
https://youtu.be/AZ9oThRuMVs

There was another one that no longer seems to be available that seemed to be taken from the other sidelight - it focused only on the officer holding position off to the left side inside a doorway - he had a pistol pointed at the door/sidelight area and was clearly trying to get the protestors to stay back. At one point, you saw him extend the pistol and kind of shake it in warning almost, then fire the shot.

Posts: 4389 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Markwayne Mullin was right there when it happened. You might want to watch the interviews with him that I posted a ways back.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37749 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
There's some pretty detailed video of the woman getting shot readily available on the internet. Seems like the rioters were congregated outside a doorway with sidelight windows and the police were holding position inside. One of the sidelight windows was broken and the woman advanced to the window and had started to crawl through when she got shot.

Not gory, but still horrifying -- consider yourself warned. If you don't want to see the actual shooting, the first 30-40 seconds seem to capture the general chaos and the closeness of the cops vs. the rioters fairly well. You can stop it before she starts to climb through the window.
https://youtu.be/AZ9oThRuMVs

There was another one that no longer seems to be available that seemed to be taken from the other sidelight - it focused only on the officer holding position off to the left side inside a doorway - he had a pistol pointed at the door/sidelight area and was clearly trying to get the protestors to stay back. At one point, you saw him extend the pistol and kind of shake it in warning almost, then fire the shot.

Yes, there are two videos, one from the side and one from the back (in relation to the woman), they pretty clearly show what happened. She started to go through the broken window into the space that was being protected, and she was stopped with a bullet.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20409 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I have not watched the video.

Was she the first person to try to enter through that window?

I have so many questions. We don't need a commission to look into election fraud. We need a commission to figure out what happened yesterday, along the lines of the 9/11 Commission.

Posts: 19756 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Accoring to the OK congressman who was in the room the protestors were trying to get into.. yes, after the glass broke she was the first one to try to climb through the window.

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I agree with WTG and Jodi, also Jon's comment:

quote:
then I remember they're victims at the end of the day.

Yes, they are victims.

And Trump has had blood on his hands for a very long time now, this is added to that.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18310 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
I have not watched the video.

Was she the first person to try to enter through that window?

I have so many questions. We don't need a commission to look into election fraud. We need a commission to figure out what happened yesterday, along the lines of the 9/11 Commission.

You don't think Merrick Garland et. al. could handle it?

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
It's really tragic. Apparently the officer shot her on purpose.

Posts: 19756 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm heartless compared to the rest of you, but I don't quite let his followers off so easy. They may well have been hugely influenced by Trump (and the crowd with whom they identified. I'm kind of seeing it like a religious conversion).

However, to ignore the element of free will that remained to them would be to deny them any responsibility for their decisions and I don't.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
It's really tragic. Apparently the officer shot her on purpose.

After seeing the videos and hearing from the (GOP) rep that was there, my view was the shot was as necessary as it was tragic.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Markwayne Mullin was right there when it happened. You might want to watch the interviews with him that I posted a ways back.

I did, and I started screaming epithets at him when he said Trump wasn't to blame for inciting the mob, "we all were." Typical GOP. No blame ... what about.

Posts: 12495 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Mrs pj notes, she was hit with one shot. He did shoot on purpose with intent to neutralize her as a threat. And seemed to be very well trained to do exactly what he did.

One bullet. Not like what we see with city cops that empty their gun into a target.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30029 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post