well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The woman who died
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The woman who died
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
The President Trump supporter killed in the Capitol building Wednesday is an Air Force vet from California who tweeted a day earlier how “nothing will stop us” and “the storm is here.”

Ashli Babbit, who had 14 years in the service and did four tours of duty, was married and lived near San Diego, her husband Aaron told KUSI-TV.

“I’m numb. I’m devastated. Nobody from DC notified my son and we found out on TV,” the husband’s mother, Robin Babbitt, told The Post, saying of her daughter-in-law, “She is a Trump supporter.”

Everything is “pretty surreal,” added Aaron’s brother, Justin. “It’s hard, because we haven’t been officially notified.”

The day before she was fatally shot — apparently by Capitol Police, Babbit tweeted, “Nothing will stop us…. they can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours….dark to light.”

https://nypost.com/2021/01/06/...vet-from-california/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

T&P.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34965 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, he has the nuclear codes and is very upset with those who kept him from another term.

Forget NYC, Los Angeles and Chicago. Look for the eradication of Atlanta, Milwaukee, and Phoenix, places where the vote was close.

Remember, you heard it here first, if you survive it.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34965 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Three other people died in the protest. DC police said they were “medical emergencies “.

https://www.wspa.com/news/nati...pitol-dc-police-say/

Weird.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37922 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Meanwhile, he has the nuclear codes and us very upset with those who kept him from another term.

Forget NYC, Los Angeles and Chicago. Look for the eradication of Atlanta, Milwaukee, and Phoenix, places where the vote was close.

Remember, you heard it here first, if you survive it.

Apparently a month ago the generals had to talk him down from something, though I think it fell far short of a nuclear attack on the US.

I don’t think they’ll let him do anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Codes

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Medical emergencies like heart attacks?

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
They didn’t say. Could tear gas trigger a fatal lung event for someone with bum lungs ?

Bazootiehead-in-training

Madcap Compatriot
posted Hide Post
Can´t open the wspa link above from Europe, but aside from the woman who was shot, there was a report of an accident, where a man fell from a scaffolding and was critically injured.
And, yes, I think that standing next to Flash-bangs or inhaling tear gas could be very unhealthy for someone with an cardiopulmonary condition.

Hopefully more people are withdrawing their support from the President-deselect now.

Posts: 202 | Location: Germany | Registered: 14 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
And it's not like they could just call an ambulance...."Um Hi, 911? I'm currently sieging the Capitol building holding off a line of swat but I'm not feeling so hot. Could you send the medics please?"

These are people who spent the last umpteen years playing soldier with their gun collections finding out the hard way that they can't quite cut it in the middle of war zone.

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I heard a congressman who was there when she was shot. I didn't catch his name but from the way he was talking it sounded like he had been in the military at some point.

He said the protestors were trying to get in through two different entrances to the House floor. When the protestors broke the glass in the doors of one of the entrances, a US Capitol Police officer drew his weapon and fired. The crowd turned around and left.

The congressman's assessment was that it was likely that the policeman's actions might well have saved other lives. The people in the chamber were at risk from the mob.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
More about the woman:

quote:
A Twitter account linked to Babbitt, which was reviewed extensively by Law&Crime Wednesday night, indicates that Babbitt was a staunch QAnon adherent who retweeted dozens of conspiracy-theory-laden missives originally posted by Georgia attorney L. Lin Wood.

quote:
But Babbitt’s nearly incessant retweets of content posted by Lin Wood, which are almost too numerous to count, stand out among a broader sea of retweets from other conservatives due to their sheer volume.

quote:
Babbitt also retweeted a video call for supported to come to Washington issued by Donald Trump himself. And, she retweeted an answer as to why she (and others) were going to D.C. on Jan. 6th, the date she ultimately died: “Because my President asked me to.”

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-e...ist-before-she-died/

And Lin Wood posting about the mob:

quote:
"The time has come Patriots," he wrote. "This is our time. Time to take back our country. Time to fight for our freedom. Pledge your lives, your fortunes, & your sacred honor. There will not be another chance. Speak TRUTH. Be FEARLESS. Almighty God is with you. TODAY IS OUR DAY."

https://www.newsweek.com/lin-w...-coup-parler-1559609

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
And it's not like they could just call an ambulance...."Um Hi, 911? I'm currently sieging the Capitol building holding off a line of swat but I'm not feeling so hot. Could you send the medics please?"

These are people who spent the last umpteen years playing soldier with their gun collections finding out the hard way that they can't quite cut it in the middle of war zone.

I suspect the average age of yesterday's crowd is substantially higher than the average age of the crowds at BLM protests. Simple likelihood may fully explain the small numbers of medical issues once the stress level rose.

I'm waiting for arrest warrants to go out for all of the easily recognizable people who were observed breaking in to the building, like the dick who proudly scratched his balls in Nancy Pelosi's office.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
About the woman who was shot ... feh. My sympathy is in short supply at present.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The congressman was Markwayne Mullin. Here's his first hand account. Start at about 1:30 for his story about the shooting.

https://www.goodmorningamerica...itol-breach-75107316

He also talked to Stephanopolous yesterday about the protestors that he interacted with. His comments are interesting.

https://ktul.com/news/local/ok...-about-capitol-chaos

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post

Re the woman who was shot

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25705 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post