well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Georgia high school

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Georgia high school
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
The Georgia teen who was briefly suspended after sharing an image of a crowded high school hallway in which many students were seen without masks said she has received threats – as the school has announced it is moving to online classes amid infections, according to reports.

North Paulding High School sophomore Hannah Watters was suspended for violating school policies last week after posting online the image of students packed in the hallway. On Friday, she tweeted that the school had rescinded her suspension amid a public outcry.

Nine people – six students and three faculty members — have since tested positive for the coronavirus, the school in Dallas, Georgia, informed parents on Saturday.

The school was closed as a result of the infections and the district announced it would move learning online for Monday and Tuesday.

Hannah told CNN that she and her family and friends have received threatening messages over the uproar.

One message said “I know where this girl lives,” Hannah told the network on Sunday.

Other missives included, “We’re going to jump every girl named Hannah in the tenth grade,” and “Hannah is going to have a rough day at school on Monday,” Hannah said.

The girl said she understands why some people are angry but insisted she shared the image because she felt it was the right thing to do.

“I feel like a lot of teachers have my back because they know how dangerous it is going to school. But I know that a lot of the kids that I go to school with, I’ve already gotten backlash for it, threats and things like that,” Hannah told CNN.

“I know I’m doing the right thing and it’s not going to stop me from continuing doing it. But it is concerning, especially since it’s a lot of the people I go to school with, people I’ve known for years now, that are threatening me,” she added.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/10/...hes-getting-threats/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37871 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18429 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Heroic.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I feel like a lot of teachers have my back because they know how dangerous it is going to school. But I know that a lot of the kids that I go to school with, I’ve already gotten backlash for it, threats and things like that,” Hannah told CNN.

“I know I’m doing the right thing and it’s not going to stop me from continuing doing it. But it is concerning, especially since it’s a lot of the people I go to school with, people I’ve known for years now, that are threatening me,” she added.

She's certainly got guts. Maybe with a few teachers' help, she can face down these faceless bullies.

Posts: 12529 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
That school is closed today, apparently last week saw 9 cases, 6 students and 3 staff.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
How many kids die before they shut it down?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post