well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Coronavirus impact widening
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coronavirus impact widening
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Mines also a Tuesday but at the end of the month.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I just want y'all to know that Quirt has been training for this event for his whole entire life. If it's shelf-stable and one of us likes it, we own it.

We own multiples of it.

The things he couldn't find are being acquired even now from Costco online.

This is his moment.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
There is an unspoken division of labor around here. I was at CVS Monday and stocked up on cold medications, hand sanitizing soap because they were out of sanitizer, alcohol, aloe, a thermometer, rubber gloves, routine prescriptions, and such. I also got Coca-Cola, chicken noodle soup, and saltines, because that's what I want when I'm sick.

Everything else? Quirt's on the case.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
This is a tourist area.
The weekend was extremely busy.
Today I parked unusually close to the door of City Market.
The weather is perfect. I got going on too many errands and will not be skiing.
The AA meeting had 9 people, 22 is typical.
Traffic seems light.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
We decided to cancel our trip to the conference. It's in one of the states that has announced confirmed cases. One of the people on my panel has asthma, and she really doesn't want to risk it. And things are changing daily on campus, including the growing likelihood that we will move all classes online (i.e. have a huge class prep burden). So, all things considered, we decided to cancel.

I'm, on the one hand, super disappointed, now that I'm really not going to go. This would have been a great networking opportunity for me, among other things.

But, on the other hand, if you can avoid unnecessary exposure to big crowds, then by all means, avoid it.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18430 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post