well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    for those who spread misinfo on social media then get sick
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

for those who spread misinfo on social media then get sick
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted
https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

With a few exceptions, everyone listed on this site was/is an anti-vaxxer activist who helped spread COVID-19 misinformation on social media, then ended up on a ventilator, in the ICU, or dead.

Interesting and exhaustive list.

--------------------------------
Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Well THAT is morbid ...

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Preach it! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34968 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
I've developed a low tolerance for people who confuse freedom with irresponsibility, immaturity or both. Without social responsibility it's just adolescence.

Another day in Paradise.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Frowner

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37924 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big John:
I've developed a low tolerance for people who confuse freedom with irresponsibility, immaturity or both. Without social responsibility it's just adolescence.

I agree with that sentiment, and have been called various names (mostly derogatory) on social media for my lack of fountain-worthy teary public displays.

My usual response is that most of these folks are confusing true empathy (that motivates action) with casual heart-on-their-sleeve posturing kinda empathy. I don't do a jig of joy when I hear of some adolescent (as you aptly put it) who has died for their freedoms. I just go on with my day. And I'm sure that's what the self-proclaimed social media empaths do as well.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
There's not much to be said.

So it's interesting to see someone documenting outcomes of folks who know everything.

Another day in Paradise.

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Daily Sound and Fury (a leftist web site) calls them The Herman Cain Awards. They probably picked that up from somewhere else. It's tacky, but it fits.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Daily Sound and Fury (a leftist web site) calls them The Herman Cain Awards. They probably picked that up from somewhere else. It's tacky, but it fits.

Yes, that is tacky and, yes, I like it. Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Reddit has a forum called the Herman Cain Awards - it came from there. I've followed it for months now and it is depressing. (And yet, I find myself thinking "well that's one fewer vote for the other guys" every time someone kicks the bucket. So there's that.....)

At some point, you'd think this sort of thing has to start making a difference in some of these swing states. The Republicans are basically bumping off their own base. I don't get it.

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:

ouch! but yeah. professional irony.

and what Lisa said.

Another day in Paradise.

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
“My mama always said, ‘stupid is as stupid does’.”
-F Gump

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
My late sister's son-in-law sent an anti-vaxx bunch of carp on the text set-up to go to everyone in the family.
I told him what he can go and do and alienated that entire side of the family.
Trying to decide whether that is a bad thing.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lucky Lurker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23 | Location: Midwest, USA | Registered: 20 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34968 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post