well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The 5 C's

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 5 C's
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted
Or why some people don't want a Covid vaccine. From July 2021, but I hadn't read it until today.

"Fortunately, scientists began studying vaccine hesitancy long before Sars-Cov-2 was first identified in Wuhan in December 2019, and they have explored various models which attempt to capture the differences in people's health behaviour. One of the most promising is known as the 5Cs model, which considers the following psychological factors:

Confidence: the person's trust in the vaccines efficacy and safety, the health services offering them, and the policy makers deciding on their rollout

Complacency: whether or not the person considers the disease itself to be a serious risk to their health

Calculation: the individual's engagement in extensive information searching to weigh up the costs and benefits

Constraints (or convenience): how easy it is for the person in question to access the vaccine

Collective responsibility: the willingness to protect others from infection, through one's own vaccination"

https://www.bbc.com/future/art...of-vaccine-hesitancy

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Great article.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
LOL, for an Arizona kid, the 5 C's will always be Copper, Cattle, Cotton, Citrus and Climate. Big Grin

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
LOL, for an Arizona kid, the 5 C's will always be Copper, Cattle, Cotton, Citrus and Climate. Big Grin

Big Grin

What about ... cactus.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Big Grin I can't overestimate how much the 5 C's were drilled into the heads of those of us who grew up in the 1960s in Arizona. I remember posters in home room, doing book reports (boo, I got cotton, yay, I got cattle). I can literally pop those off like old veterans with dementia can still recite their dogtag numbers.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post