well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Our Friends the Saudis

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Friends the Saudis
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Florida Base Shooting

quote:
Six other Saudi nationals were detained for questioning near the scene of the shooting, which took place over two floors in a classroom on the base. Three of the Saudis who were detained had been seen filming the entire incident, according to another person briefed on the investigation.

There are always "bad actors" and "mentally unstable" people who commit violent acts. But this was well thought out political violence committed by a member of the Saudi armed forces against Americans while "studying" in the US. And filmed by his compatriots? Do we really need to cooperate militarily with these people? Americans need no reminder that the 9/11 perpetrators were overwhelmingly Saudis and that Al Qaeda is a Saudi-Wahhabi-inspired political-religious movement. Yes, "these people" is a generalization ... a bias, if you will. But it seems to be a well-founded extrapolation that Saudi society is not a good match for extensive cooperation with the US. This society is simply not "a friend."

Posts: 12529 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
But, but, they own a floor of a Trump building.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
https://www.huffpost.com/entry...1fb5e4b07f6835b46945

Taking the Saudis at their word.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Very curious to map out their student visa situation.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post