well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Hey Mik! It’s Memorial Day Weekend!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey Mik! It’s Memorial Day Weekend!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
What’s in the smoker?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I have not decided yet whether to cook or just go out. It's really hot here for this early - 91 yesterday - and threatening thunderstorms off and on. Was thinking about maybe a meat loaf or some lamb shanks. I hear both are great on the grill. Have a couple nice tri-tips too, and some St Louis ribs.

Getting together with friends but the plan is not solidified yet. What's up on your end of things?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Overcast and cool here, at least for now. Friends have invited us over for burgers tomorrow.

Today I'm making an old favorite that some guy posted on a forum...

Grape tomato, olive, and spinach pasta

I may commit a heresy and put in some Italian sausage, too.... hide

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37872 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yesterday was beautiful but today it's raining. I went to pick up some laborers to do a sweep of the yard but there weren't any at Home Depot. I hope this means they are all busy and not that Home Depot is driving them off.

I ended up working in the yard by myself all day and being as I was there anyway I smoked this pork loin. It's my first attempt at pork loin, which I was a bit concerned about because it did not have a lot of fat.

It came out very well - nice and juicy. Pork is so much better since they changed the safe allowable finish temperature from 160 to 145! I'll definitely make it again - pork loin is cheap and only takes 3 hours.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Was thinking about maybe a meat loaf or some lamb shanks. I hear both are great on the grill.

Meat loaf is great on the grill and even better on the smoker wit a grill finish! I've been looking at some recipes where you stuff the loaf with cheese/jalapenos before smoking it.

How could that be bad? Yes