well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Does everyone know Joe Biden has Covid?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does everyone know Joe Biden has Covid?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
I didn't.

Nothing like the fanfare when overweight, pre-election Trump was sick with it.

But then, Biden seems to be less ill. (He is thoroughly vaccinated and taking Paxlovid,)
Admittedly, Biden had been slacking off a bit on masking himself.
A far cry from Putin's rigid isolation and banning possible carriers.

Everybody seems to be taking it - Covid and Biden's catching it - in stride. Reportedly, there are multiple cases of people sickening three and four times even, vaccinations and all.

(I've deliberately avoided reading about monkeypox.)

How many here have had it?
I haven't, not even once. K'eynarah!
Against the Evil Eye, in Yiddish-Hebrew.! (Someone pointed out to me recently that "knock wood" is Christian. Wood being wood of the Cross.)

She's a recent convert and says she's intent on eradicating all traces of Christian habit from her behavior, even from one superstition to another (anybody know if there's a Muslim equivalent?)

Is this going to go on forever or what? It's apparently not even making much of a dent in the Ukraine War. Don't know why, considering all those pitiful refugees, fleeing bombardments packed into underground tunnels.

Bloomberg reported on Biden but I see many others are now.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opin...ampaign=sharetheview

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Two vaxes, all the boosters , Paxlovid.

I suspect he’ll be fine.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
And apparently an old school smallpox vax (we all got it) protects against monkey pox.

I’m more worried about the root canal I’m getting tomorrow. Can’t anyone come up with a better way?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
My root canal a few months ago wasn't any big deal. Sure, it's a long time in the chair, but nothing worse than sitting there for a crown...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
The Illinois govener was recently diagnosed positive...

We are pretty much on our own now - Lots of positives among friends, but I don't think there is any political will to try to encourage masking or being more careful.

So far, the Mrs and I have avoided it.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I didn't, and, I haven't, Amanda.Thanks for the Biden news.

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
And apparently an old school smallpox vax (we all got it) protects against monkey pox.

I’m more worried about the root canal I’m getting tomorrow. Can’t anyone come up with a better way?

I feel for ya, man. I had one 'bout 30 years ago. I cracked a tooth on something and they couldn't simply repair it. I think the worst part of it was the initial novocaine shot. It felt like the needle was twelve miles long and would shortly exit from my big left toe. That wasn't fun.

I did have one problem when they started working and discovered that the nerve wasn't fully anesthetized. Whoops. That was an electric shock. They added more novocaine.

After the root canal they put a crown on top.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Neither I nor Mr. SK has had it yet. But we are still being very cautious, no indoor dining in restaurants, no indoor socializing, very little outdoor socializing Frowner , masks whenever we are inside (grocery store, bank etc.)

Not only have we not gotten covid yet, neither of us has had so much as a cold since Feb. 2020.

I'm as worried about being knocked out by a cold as I am about covid. Although, a cold is a known problem, with covid there's the concern of longer-term problems.

So I don't see us changing our protocols any time soon. I'll be teaching in person in the fall, and at this point, I'm still planning on masking. As much as I dislike it. :P

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
We haven't had it, although all the grandchildren have. All of our children have had sicknesses that make me think they might have had it, but I think only one of them tested positive. (Not 100% sure about that, but I know one of the Quirtlets recently had a positive test and I don't think any of the others have.

You've made me curious, Amanda, about "knock wood." I'm fairly certain I've seen it referenced as an appeasement to the spirits of trees that dates to pre-Christian Europe, but I could be wrong. Or it may be one of those pagan customs that Christians couldn't wipe out, so they assimilated it and explained it away.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh, as to your other question, Amanda, I did hear that Biden has covid, I saw a headline yesterday somewhere but I didn't click on it. My first thought was, well, he's fully vaxxed and has the best health care, so he'll be ok. My second thought, I hope that's not overly optimistic. And then I didn't worry about it anymore. WhoMe

Mary Anna,
quote:
Or it may be one of those pagan customs that Christians couldn't wipe out, so they assimilated it and explained it away.

That would be my guess as well.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post