well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Georgia confirms Biden as winner

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Georgia confirms Biden as winner
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
They're done with the recount.

happydance

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37744 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/e...of_presidential_race

News release by Georgia’s Secretary of State: “HISTORIC FIRST STATEWIDE AUDIT OF PAPER BALLOTS UPHOLDS RESULT OF PRESIDENTIAL RACE”

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12679 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Oh good, Trump gets to be a loser all over again...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7544 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
All of you are cheering.

What do you think of these developments below, though? (Scroll way down re his team's attempts to subvert the election's certification and transfer of power. ) I find it alarming. Can't believe Trump and legal team are playing this (dangerous) game.

As ridiculous as it is (as seems much of what he's done, after all) I see it as possibly dangerous. Haven't relaxed about what he's capable of - him and his armed fans.

He still wants chaos (like Putin) and I can still see his trying to foment a Civil War if he can't win fair and square.

Seeking feedback.

winning Georgia recount, but...what about all this carp?

Doesn't help that my immediate neighbors are still showing the Trump/Pence billboard (faces me), and others nearby are now flying huge American flags. Wish I didn't land in this house after moving here - unable to leave. (Complicated.)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Hey, maybe lots of MAGA Georgians will listen to this asshat and stay home for the Senate runoffs.

Some jackass named Lin Wood

Posts: 12495 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/realdonald...148622898515969?s=21

I wonder what we’ll see first...the evidence of fraud in Georgia, the health care plan, or his tax returns....

suave

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37744 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Secretary of state on Trump throwing him under the bus.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/25...oday-oped/index.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I am having trouble rousing much sympathy for any of these people who are now "shocked and saddened" that Trump threw them under the bus.

Well, duh. What did you expect?

Posts: 35366 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Here is Raffensberger's op-ed

quote:
By all accounts, Georgia had a wildly successful and smooth election. We finally defeated voting lines and put behind us Fulton County’s now notorious reputation for disastrous elections. This should be something for Georgians to celebrate, whether their favored presidential candidate won or lost. For those wondering, mine lost — my family voted for him, donated to him and are now being thrown under the bus by him.

I'm glad he is speaking out now, and forcefully. But he and his family "voted for him" and "donated to him" knowing exactly what kind of man Trump is, exactly what regard he has for other people (they're just instruments to satisfy his ego), and just what he thinks of the norms that sustain our electoral process. Until people like Raffensberger publicly quit the party in disgust I'm not going to lose much sleep over his angst or care all that much as he is pilloried by all the good Republicans around him.

Posts: 12495 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Not impressed that he refers to Stacy Abrams, who worked tirelessly and effectively for voting reform, as a “failed gubernatorial candidate.”

She’s not the one calling for his resignation.

And the voter suppression that defeated her was epic. She is to be applauded for changing the system rather than just whining like Trump.

Posts: 19756 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yep.