well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    How are you voting (or voted)?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How are you voting (or voted)?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:

Immediately procrastinated because I was too lazy to figure out all of the judges and school board and ballot initiatives.

Se vote!

Our ballot initiatives were easy. There were two and they were on the lines of "Do you think we should stop locking people up in for-profit prisons to do slave labor for most of their natural lives for minor offenses?"

I didn't bother to research the judges. I'm voting in Oklahoma. It's practically a slam dunk that these judges have all been locking people up in for-profit prisons to do slave labor for most of their natural lives for minor offenses. My protest votes to remove them all will have no effect, but it felt therapeutic.

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Ballots came in the mail last week.

Most of the first page was initiatives, referenda, and advisory votes. I had to look up several items to figure out what the heck I was voting on.

The Democratic Party organization in this district has a web site with recommendations, but they don't give an opinion on all ballot items or candidates. The local left-wing tabloid also has recommendations. In a few cases, Mrs pj did the research and I just copied her. There was but one item on which we disagreed -- whether Sheriff should be elected or appointed.

There was one race where two Democrats were running. We have a "top two primary" which I'm not too keen on.

All three of us filled out our ballots. I happened to go to the office yesterday. My office happens to be two blocks from the County Elections Office. I dropped the ballots in the drop box there. They had turned the parking lot into a Disneyland-style maze instead of the old layout of drive in, drive straight up to the box, drive out. There was a sign designating some parking spaces for media. While I was dropping the ballots, a woman was setting up a TV camera. And when I put the ballots in the box, I had to give the last one an extra shove... the box seemed full.

As I was heading out, there was a report on the radio that even though ballots had arrived in people's mail just three days earlier, the number of returned ballots was already ten times higher than at the same time in 2016. They were emptying the drop boxes twice a day!

The county has a LOT of drop boxes. There are four of them would be convenient to my normal errand-running. They are at several libraries, shopping malls, and community centers.

Starting last year, they pay the postage if you just want to drop it in a mailbox. But with I-1's shenanigans with the USPS, I think the drop box is just a better option.

So... that's how I voted.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
My wife and I voted by mail in the primary election. We received our mail-in ballots for the general election a couple of weeks ago here in Pennsylvania, filled them out, and mailed them in the envelopes provided (two envelopes - a security envelop that goes inside a mailing envelop that requires a signature and voter information). We dropped them in the mailbox outside a local post office and have received an e-mail confirmation that our ballots were received by the county elections office.

So far, so good.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7411 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Just took ours to the court house this afternoon.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
100% mail in here. I dropped mine off yesterday at one of our local dropboxes (library in our case). Mr. Nina did his about 2 days before me and already received notice that it was accepted. I'm guessing/hoping mine will be accepted on Monday.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
In the drop box at the early voting location at village hall.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37933 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post