well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    How are you voting (or voted)?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How are you voting (or voted)?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
We had this as an icebreaker question for a staff meeting at work..most of my coworkers are in the 20's, a few in their 30's.

Pretty much all the youngins' said "In Person".

I think I, as the old lady (I am referred to as "Mom" or "The Adult") was the only one who said I would vote by mail.

I got my ballot last week, I filled it out the same day and drove to City Hall and dropped it in the box while the ink was still warm.

So how about you? How are you voting?

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Got our ballots by mail and will drop them off at a box at one of the early voting sites.

Unfortunately, the USPS just isn't reliable.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37770 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
We voted by mail. It won't matter here, but we voted.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I don't dare vote by regular mail much less try to vote in person hoping to "depend on the kindness of strangers" who might let this hobbling older woman cut the line.

OTOH the nearest drop off ballot boxes are some distance and would involve quite a drive. I haven't heard of my idea of voting by certified or registered mail (still struggling to tell them apart). It would certainly be worth $7 or $8 to me to avoid any of the other kinds of inconvenience (while not relying on the ordinary USPS).

Is there some reason to avoid this too? Why haven't I heard of anybody else speaking of this option?

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
We walked ours to an official drop box downtown near city hall last week. Early voting had started there already...

Already got an email that my vote has been read and will be added to the count on election day.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I received my ballot by mail and will hand deliver it to one of the county appointed locations (a library) probably early next week.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18320 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Received our ballots a couple of weeks ago. We filled them out and dropped them in the designated drop box at city hall.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Voted in person several weeks ago.

Posts: 12503 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Same way as you...just this morn!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
My mail in ballot is on my desk and I’ll fill it out as soon as we get back. I’ll drop it in the box in front of the Sheriff’s station.

Mrs. Miller wants to vote in person, which has not been an issue in the past.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34838 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
I don't dare vote by regular mail much less try to vote in person hoping to "depend on the kindness of strangers" who might let this hobbling older woman cut the line.

OTOH the nearest drop off ballot boxes are some distance and would involve quite a drive. I haven't heard of my idea of voting by certified or registered mail (still struggling to tell them apart). It would certainly be worth $7 or $8 to me to avoid any of the other kinds of inconvenience (while not relying on the ordinary USPS).

Is there some reason to avoid this too? Why haven't I heard of anybody else speaking of this option?

All right. I see I have to get in my Mini, pick you up, and drive you to the nearest ballot box.

I'll pack lunch for us.

Posts: 19756 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Got my ballot a few weeks ago.

Immediately procrastinated because I was too lazy to figure out all of the judges and school board and ballot initiatives.

Got my act together last weekend, went online to let the Dems tell me how to handle the down-ballot races, and drove it to the drop box at the local high school.

Se vote!

Posts: 19756 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Got my ballot in the mail. Voted. Put it in the envelope and it sat for two days.
Dropped it in the box Friday.
Got a notice it had been received Monday.
Got a notice it had been accepted today, Tuesday.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
For those of you have suggested
"I will drop it off"...Do it NOW!

Having worked the polls for 25 years, I can say there is so much work that needs to be done to verify your ballot long before election day..many of these workers are volunteers or are paid low wages...

Get your vote in early to give your town/city enough time time to get work done in checking in your ballot ahead of election day..

You can never appreciate the value of an envelope opener until you have worked an early voting election..just sayin' from experience. Razzer

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Oregon is 100% vote by mail, and has been for years. There is an option to drop the ballot in a ballot box, too. I’ll be using a ballot box, the one right outside the elections office.

We can also sign up to track our ballot, so I’ll know when it’s collected, and that it will be counted.

I have my ballot here, and I’m stuck on the mayoral race. Other than that, I’m ready to vote!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9787 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post