well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Dallas is dying.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dallas is dying.
 Login/Join

Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
All of us who have animals and love them like our own children feel your heartbreak. It's horrible to reach that decision, and then to sit with them and hold them while they take their last breath.

"Good dog"
"Good boy"
"Good bye"

And tears, lots of tears.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Dallas is lucky you won that contest. Now this is your last duty to fulfill for him, to make his life with you complete.

Remember, dogs don't fear death as people do.

Comfort

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
You gave him love and a great life, all anyone could do. now you are giving him relief and a painless exit, in his own home.

No one could ask more. He'd thank you if he could.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13524 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
RIP Dallas. He was a lucky dog.

Posts: 900 | Location: Bay Area of CA | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
How are you doing? Silly question, yup. Just thing of you.

Hugs

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry, Steve.

Posts: 19756 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry. Just from his photos alone you could tell he was a huge, gentle giant.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry. Comfort

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20411 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
How are you doing? Silly question, yup. Just thing of you.

Hugs

I’m ok, and thanks for asking.

Dallas passed at 11:30 this AM. He spent the morning alternately sleeping and whimpering. It was definitely his time to go. I fed him little pieces of cheese when he was awake. At the end all I feel is relief. No more pain for Dallas.

Thanks for your support, guys.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34838 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Total respect, Steve, for both the life you gave Dallas and the love to be with him until the end.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13524 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Comfort

I'm glad you feel relief, Steve. It's still hard, but you took care of him till the end, and that's an important gift.

Group Hug

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18320 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
steve, i'm tearing up as i read your initial post. i loved Big Puppy and i'm so sorry you had to say good-bye to him. he was a great dog!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21302 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post