well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Lindsey's Turn
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lindsey's Turn
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted

Posts: 12503 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
At one point I had some respect for Graham. Watching him over the last four years I have lost all of that respect for him and don't trust him at all. He is not a man of integrity.

In 2016 he gave his assessment of Trump. I wouldn't have had a problem with him working with the president, a member of his own party, despite his own reservations about him, but he turned it into a masterclass in boot licking. And then just as fast, he did a 180 this week when the political winds of fortune were going to turn against him.

Guy made his bed and he'll have to lie in it.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37770 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Wow.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20411 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I hadn't watched the video.

That shouldn't happen.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37770 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
That twitter video: Eeker

quote:
In 2016 he gave his assessment of Trump. I wouldn't have had a problem with him working with the president, a member of his own party, despite his own reservations about him, but he turned it into a masterclass in boot licking. And then just as fast, he did a 180 this week when the political winds of fortune were going to turn against him.

Yep.

quote:
Guy made his bed and he'll have to lie in it.

Yep.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18320 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
That shouldn't happen.

Yeah, it seems a little bit much... OTOH, maybe it was just yelling, and no physical threats?

On the other, other hand, it occurs to me that there probably would have been much less reaction if it was a democrat.

Interesting times we're living in...

Posts: 18320 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
It's not about physical threats, at least not for me.

I didn't think it was right for people to confront Sarah Huckabee Sanders in a restaurant and basically force her to leave. And I don't think Romney or Graham should be accosted in airports.

This is where I think we can do much better as a species. We need to figure out productive ways to express our opinions and not just turn interactions into ****-throwing contests.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I agree, wtg.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20411 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Consequences for actions...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
We need to figure out productive ways to express our opinions and not just turn interactions into ****-throwing contests.

I agree!

And thanks for reminding me about the restaurant thing, I didn't agree with that either.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Consequences for actions...

I respectfully disagree.

This is not sustainable in the long run.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
It's safer to drive.

Posts: 19756 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
I didn't think it was right for people to confront Sarah Huckabee Sanders in a restaurant and basically force her to leave. And I don't think Romney or Graham should be accosted in airports.

People didn't "confront Sarah Huckabee Sanders in a restaurant." The owner politely went up to her and explained the situation, and asked the party to leave. Please don't equate these two situations. They are not the same.

Posts: 12503 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I'm not one to quibble, though I think the underlying principle (finding productive ways to work through differences rather than just venting anger) that I'm talking about is the same.

How about this one?

edit:

Or this one.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Please don't whatabout.

You brought up the Red Hen situation. I contend it's quite different from the visceral confrontations Lindsey Graham and Mitt Romney have faced over the past couple of days. Full stop.