well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A remarkable thing about Bernie's support

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A remarkable thing about Bernie's support
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
The heart attack didn't seem to hurt his numbers.

I mean, he'd turn 80 within a few months of taking office. And he just had a heart attack.

I suspect if he does really well in the IA and NH it'll become more of a topic of conversation.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
It certainly should.

Not sure why one would vote for a guy whose policies are fairy tales, never to come true in Congress.

Let us assume for the sake of argument he got something through. Can you imagine the midterm bloodbath?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Not sure why one would vote for a guy whose policies are fairy tales, never to come true in Congress.

Because there are no other options? Obviously I mean on both sides.

But that's another issue entirely. Almost no one wants 'status quo with tweaks', which is the only thing that can be delivered. People want to burn the house down.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
So it would seem.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
It's funny that people were so concerned regarding Reagan's age when he ran for President - but now lots of candidates his age or much older.

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
There are definitely "burn the house down" types out there. That's what elected Trump, and it seems like many of Bernie's more rabid supporters are cut from the same cloth. But I think that there are people who are pragmatic and want the 'status quo with tweaks' approach. That may account for the sudden interest in Buttigieg and Klobuchar, and certainly for Biden.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's not all that surprising.

If you really thought he was the answer to all things you'd take your chances and hope, if things go poorly, for a good VP pick. And Bernie's supporters tend to be true believers in that sense.

To be honest I'd place a similar bet on Bloomberg, although he's a lot healthier. Still he's a heathy 77, which is older than I'd ever want a president to be, ceteris paribus.