well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What are you reading?
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you reading?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Wow! Congrats to Jon!

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15507 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
: Katie Hafner was my roommate at Sonata Piano Camp, way back in the early 2000’s.

wowza!

and jon: double wowza!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21317 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34885 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
The Last Unicorn, by Peter Beagle.

Last read about 50 years ago.

J

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
I just started reading “Frankenstein” by Mary Shelley. Everyone knows the story and has seen the movie including me. The book has been sitting on my book shelf for at least three decades now. I’ve always found a reason to read some other novel instead but now I’ll start and finish it.

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
They have rereleased the Terry Pratchett Discworld books on Audible with new readers (Bill Nighy! Peter Serafinowicz!) so I have been listening to my favourite sub-series (The Watch).

I’ve been reading some Stephen King that I had missed (after reading his newest release, Holly, which I loved!)

I also have been reading all of Grady Hendrix’s books. They are decidedly odd, but really enjoyable. His most recent, “How to Sell a Haunted House” is probably my favourite, but I really enjoyed all of them.

I also read Yellowface a couple months ago and it was EXCELLENT.

I’ve done a lot of reading this year (52 books, according to Goodreads) but I have been doing a lot of rereads.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4090 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I tried to read Holly, but I was so grossed out by the opening with the liver (not really a spoiler, just ew), I couldn’t go on. And I love Stephen King, and I love Holly from previous books. I may try again later.

My favorite book so far this year: Tom Lake by Ann Pratchett. Love love love this.

I’m just starting Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9795 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
I tried to read Holly, but I was so grossed out by the opening with the liver (not really a spoiler, just ew), I couldn’t go on. And I love Stephen King, and I love Holly from previous books. I may try again later.

My favorite book so far this year: Tom Lake by Ann Pratchett. Love love love this.

Warning: The liver isn’t a one off scene. Similar things happen throughout.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4090 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:

Warning: The liver isn’t a one off scene. Similar things happen throughout.

I was afraid of that. Maybe I just won’t read it. Which is a shame, because Holly is a great character.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9795 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I am woefully uninformed about history behind the current conflict in the Middle East.

Time to catch up on my history.

Anyone read any of these?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37852 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the Dov Waxman book on kindle - it gets really good reviews. “the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, what everyone needs to know.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20434 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I recently read "Lawrence IN Arabia". It's a history of Palestine during WWI, up to the Balfour Declaration in 1917. It's very entertaining and doesn't "spin" the facts. Fascinating characters. Helpful in understanding the politics behind the creation of Israel.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21317 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0593...dt_b_product_details

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/59/09/75A8408E-E945-4904-857A-72A8315E1319/IMG_4811.heic

Can’t seem to post image

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Renegade, by Adam Kinzinger. Fascinating read.

https://www.theguardian.com/bo...y-6-republican-trump

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37852 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Killers Of The Flower Moon.

Wow.

J