well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Transplant Pride

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transplant Pride
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
Post transplant you take a lot of pills. It starts with immunosuppressants. Also a few prophylactic antivirals, to keep some common but dealt to us viruses away. And then some minerals and supplements because some of the immunosuppressants deplete your natural levels. It all adds up.

So my Monday morning ritual is to fill this container, for the week. Each day I take out one of the strips and those are my pills for the day - current count is 28 daily - but it's been as high as 60.

But anyway, the reason I'm posing this is that, only now, in the closing days of pride month, did I notice that my pill container looks like a pride flag. Smiler

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Jon, you are missing a great opportunity to become righteously aggrieved.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Be proud, jon!

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Jon, you are missing a great opportunity to become righteously aggrieved.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I'm stuck at ... used to be as high as 60...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Post transplant you take a lot of pills. It starts with immunosuppressants. Also a few prophylactic antivirals, to keep some common but dealt to us viruses away. And then some minerals and supplements because some of the immunosuppressants deplete your natural levels. It all adds up.

So my Monday morning ritual is to fill this container, for the week. Each day I take out one of the strips and those are my pills for the day - current count is 28 daily - but it's been as high as 60.

But anyway, the reason I'm posing this is that, only now, in the closing days of pride month, did I notice that my pill container looks like a pride flag. Smiler

ThumbsUp

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10571 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Wow, glad the pills work.
Maybe you will become striped like the pill cases.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Jon, that is a lot to keep track of!

Just out of curiosity, when people are screened to decide whether they are good candidates for a transplant, is one of the factors something like “likelihood of being consistent/compliant w/ medication regime”?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
SO GLAD this has worked for you.

jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Me too! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Jon, that is a lot to keep track of!

Just out of curiosity, when people are screened to decide whether they are good candidates for a transplant, is one of the factors something like “likelihood of being consistent/compliant w/ medication regime”?

It actually is. A history of non-compliance will make you ineligible for listing. Occasionally some clinician in the transplant program will lord such threats over you, even after you are on the list.

Makes sense, as long as there are fewer organs than recipients.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Posts: 24711 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
❤️

(Edited: I was trying to use my keyboard emojis to give you a rainbow of hearts, but only the red one shows up. Pretend you see a rainbow of hearts!)

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
This is the closest emoji I can get to a rainbow. groupwave

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Holy Cow! Hope you aren't troubled by much of a gag reflex.

Arranging to take your pills four times a day is quite a challenge - at least, it is for me (I fail. Nothing like so many but four of my pills compete for absorption, so I'm supposed to be sure of leaving hours in-between.)

Good thing you're so organized!

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post