well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Electoral College
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electoral College
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Cook Political Report ...

Significant shift toward Biden. Currently over 270, with at least 318 if today's state-level polling does not shift too much over the next three months.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I hope to god it’s true but am quite wary of polls after 2016.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:

+100 gazillion.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yes, but Trump had upside potential in 2016 and barely squeaked by in the necessary handful of states. Now he seems to have a hard and diminished ceiling, even in those same squeaky states.

It's fine to be wary, but wariness needs to be updated for new facts too.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
May you can write a check or two to reduce that wariness?

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I'm wary too, but then Trump was a somewhat unknown quantity. And people hated Hillary with a blinding, unreasonable passion.

Things are different now. We know who he is, he has bungled the worst pandemic of our lifetimes, he's shown himself to any thinking person to be an utter clown.

I swear, if he wins (legitimately wins, not claims victory and squats in the White House) under these circumstances, I need to think seriously about leaving the country.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:

I swear, if he wins (legitimately wins, not claims victory and squats in the White House) under these circumstances, I need to think seriously about leaving the country.

IF any country is willing to take in American expats, not even counting the immediate reluctance because of infection! Maybe if said expats brought enough cash and economic potential to entice them.

But the most disenfranchised are the Liberals who couldn't afford to emigrate.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
'He's in trouble here': can Trump win swing state Wisconsin again?

If he is to stay in power, the president needs to repeat that victory while also again winning Michigan and Pennsylvania

https://www.theguardian.com/us...tate-wisconsin-again

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm wondering how long it will be before Trump signs an executive order prohibiting Americans from leaving the country. Or revokes dual citizenship.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13780 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:

+100 gazillion.

Yeah, that was a debacle.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
quote:

I'm wondering how long it will be before Trump signs an executive order prohibiting Americans from leaving the country. Or revokes dual citizenship.
He should just sign an executive order declaring himself Dictator-for-Life with a strictly blood-line succession. Everything he does is basically trying to do just that.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Dem new registrations down.

People no show because Covid or they got evicted.

Republican governors put lots of polling places in rural areas, one polling place in urban areas, leading to 5 hour lines.

Russian meddling.

Trump defeats Biden.

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I hear your concern, Cindy.

But PA, NC, MI, WI, NV, MN all have Dem governors.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]He should just sign an executive order declaring himself Dictator-for-Life with a strictly blood-line succession. Everything he does is basically trying to do just that.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

What can we do? Seriously. what can we do?

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
BTW...

I am so against the E College.

One person, one vote.

How do we change it to thus?

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post