well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Carlson, Fox news revealed to despise Trump

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carlson, Fox news revealed to despise Trump
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
Have you read about this?

It kind of blows my mind - not that anyone would find it hard to feel negatively about *T* but that they could see fit to feel THAT much hatred while actively presenting themselves as supporting him. All the more confounding considering they're influential public figures who could make a real difference in ousting him - perhaps more than any others, really.

Haven't they been seen as his primary acolytes all these years?

I'm also remembering the recent coverage about Republicans in Fairfield County, CT - my home territory - being split between Republicans and "Trumplicans". Clearly there's division within the Right (VERY much to the good!), but why don't they admit it more? How do they rationalize their public support?

It just confuses me all the more about his influence, about how/why Republicans back him - at least, what their inner reasoning is. What the factions are. I can't believe it's just Carlson and other right-wing media who are this two-faced about him. Is it just to keep their jobs and retain their influence?

Revelations from Dominion defamation suit against FOX news

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
One word:

Munny.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yup.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/...work-hurts-rcna73559

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
It certainly does hang together with the hypocrisy of Carlson et al concerning their Jan. 6th coverage and presentation.

It sure would be nice if the FOX worshippers had their noses rubbed in the sty of their trusted media. Whether the broadcasters themselves care or not, their followers (however loyal and trusting) can't help being seriously influenced against the causes their prophets have been so persuasive about - when the truth emerges that they were faking the whole time. That they have if anything more contempt for him than anyone in his formal opposition.

About time their credibility was majorly undercut and along with it, the sleazes they've been protecting for so long!

I forgot there were so many people who don't know the meaning of "conscience" tsktsk But whether or not they're acting on such a construct, they can't help having an influence on their followers as if they did.

Consider how long we've been trying (at least, making something of an effort) to persuade acquaintances, neighbors and relations to "see the light" to no avail...This revelation about T's trusted cheer-leaders can't help having the desired effect. Disabusing the faithful.

Remembering the fireworks at the Republican convention splashing *T*r*u*m*p and *2024* across the sky...My heart sank throughout the loyalists' presentations, pretty much giving up. Those pyrotechnics! "Fake-outs" like these from Fox give me real hope. There must be SOME point at which even the super faithful are forced to reconsider.

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
It is pure speculation and prejudice on my part, but I think the majority of Fox viewers aren't hearing that Tucky and the entire network are not credible, and won't believe it if they do hear it. Only driving the company out of business will make a difference... but there are already other networks that are ready to fill the void if that happens.

Remember: Reagan killed the Fairness Doctrine which said, among other things, that anyone broadcasting must act in the public interest. Spewing abject bovine excrement and propaganda is not in the public interest. (And cable providers got themselves exempted from the Fairness Doctrine, anyway.)

And while we are at it, this should scare the carp out of anyone who believes in Freedom of the Press: https://www.vox.com/politics/2...ork-times-v-sullivan

(I had no idea that the understanding of Freedom of the Press that I grew up with is barely as old as I am.)

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Seth Myers comments on Tucker Carlson's "betrayal" of his Fox audience:

quote:
“Wait, wait, are you telling me Tucker Carlson is secretly sane? I would feel so betrayed if I was a Fox viewer. This is like if you joined a cult, sold all your belongings, shaved your head, moved to the desert, and then it turns out the cult leader is just, like, a Methodist.” — SETH MEYERS

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Tucky is everything he lambasted Bill O’Reilly for years ago: a complete phony who ginned up a persona and act to get ratings and munny.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry...f247e4b06acd7c83e4d4

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Tucker Carlson

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
Seth Myers comments on Tucker Carlson's "betrayal" of his Fox audience:

quote:
“Wait, wait, are you telling me Tucker Carlson is secretly sane? I would feel so betrayed if I was a Fox viewer. This is like if you joined a cult, sold all your belongings, shaved your head, moved to the desert, and then it turns out the cult leader is just, like, a Methodist.” — SETH MEYERS

ROTFLMAO

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
It is astounding, isn't it? What's equally astounding to me is that it just doesn't matter for so many Trump supporters. They've already branded Fox as FAKE NEWS and moved on to whatever ridiculous source they're now getting their info from.

The stuff that's coming out from the Dominion Voting lawsuit discovery is mind-blowing. I'm no attorney but it seeems pretty iron-clad to me. Of course there are all sorts of tricks that Fox can use (and likely they will) like a blizzard of legal papers to obfuscate, stall, etc., in an effort to just wait Dominion out. But I hope they get absolutely hammered in court, and more importantly, in their pocketbook--which seems to be the only metric that is of any value to them.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
In case you didn't watch Meyers video I linked I'm going to repost it. It's SUCH a beautifully curated pastiche of quotes from Carlson, it should be pinned somewhere online - and is certainly worth watching/listening to*

Tucker Carlson letting it all hang out - highlights

I really can't think of anything more Carlson-damning than this little collection of gems - just SO "gotcha". Hilary Clinton must have wet her pants.

*(at least the first half).