well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Amazon delivery tomorrow!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon delivery tomorrow!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
Amazon combined my orders and moved the delivery date from Wednesday to tomorrow.

The noteworthy items are New Balance running shoes size 9.5 narrow and 6 pair of Ralph Lauren ankle socks.

I had a pair of Nike 10 narrow. I washed them a couple weeks ago and found out they had two left innersoles. No wonder they've never been comfortable.

They also had a non tie lace system. You took one piece of Velcro and attached it to velcro on the opposite side of the shoe. Then a second cord with velcro was attached the opposite way. This system never worked. The velcro didn't have the ability to let you choose how tight you wanted the laces. It was a poor design.

I was done with those shoes by the time I discovered the innesoles mix up.

I threw them in the garbage.

I ordered the Ralph Lauren socks because my Haines socks started falling apart from day 1. I don't remember what they cost but however much it was it wasn't worth it.

I'm wearing my Reef flip flops. They're ok but not great. I was trying to replace the ones I had and chose the $20 price point when the $30 ones were the actual replacement. I decided not go through the process of sending them back.

I also have a pair of mules indoor/ outdoor slippers. I wear them every day.

Amazon has a beautiful pair of Ralph Lauren loafers for only $100. I want them but I had to be practical and buy the running shoes.

I'm also getting new underwear, three bars of the soap I use, and a box of clear plastic gloves.

I can't wait for the shoes! I hope they fit. I don't think they'll be a problem. I measured my feet about five times. Lol.

happydance

Posts: 24709 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
May the force be with you? Big Grin

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Cindy, there's little chance of me actually running.

I do have to walk though and ride my tricycle . I need functional shoes and ones that protect my feet.

They will benefit my feet and knees also.

I wore only flip flops in Hawaii for 18 years. It deformed my toes and who knows what it did to my feet and knees.

Never again.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Note to self-- Wednesday follows Tuesday, dumb ass.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I had a pair of Velcro fastened shoes too. They were awful, never ever fit quite right. Now I use them for painting, staining the deck, messy stuff.

I think you’ll love New Balance. Been wearing them for years.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13547 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Mik!

They're out for delivery by 8:00. The window will probably be moved to 4:00- 6:00.

I should find out soon.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A fan of On Running's shoes here. I'm a walker, not a runner, but their basic Cloud 5.0 style works well for me.

I had one pair of shoes with velcro instead of laces; laces always come untied on me no matter how I tie them. Don't remember the brand, but the velcro pooped out in no time and wouldn't stay in place.

On's shoes have an elastic lacing system that's the cat's pajamas.

Hope the new shoes work out for you!

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37870 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Omg. Everything about them is perfect. I've been looking for running shoes that fit this well since Nike released its very first Pegasus model in the '90's.

They are worth every penny of the $109 I paid for them (they went down to $100 today-- that's Amazon for you).

The Ralf Lauren ankle socks are about 4x the quality of the Haines they're replacing.

Very pleased!