well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What An Idiot.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What An Idiot.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
quote:
Originally posted by big al:

I had prepared a much longer commentary on energy alternatives and their relative pluses and minuses, but it disappeared before posting.
Bummer. I had hoped that you would chime in on the Texas power grid crisis given your expertise as a power electrical engineer.

+1

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37766 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
So much for takin’ a cruz to Cancun this year.

More like a can’t-cun.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30029 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Disturbing to read that while reportedly all Dems were disgusted by Cruz's behavior, only some GOPers were.

Gives me the impression once more that Republicans put party ahead of ethics, even decency.

Also that only "losers" suffer, in this case, only the poor (or the non-rich) freeze. The wealthy have generators, while the stinking rich get tickets to warm resorts. Perhaps even fly in private jets to avoid risk of contagion.

VeryAngry

Cruz, least sympathetic politician in America

quote:
His getaway to Cancún during the Texas power emergency was only the latest episode in a political career that has left Mr. Cruz reviled by Democrats and more than a few Republicans.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
And he left his dog in the house with no power and no heat... looked after by a security guard who was left in the house with no power and no heat.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
From the NYT piece Amanda linked:

quote:
Throughout his political career, Mr. Cruz has united politicians from former President George W. Bush to Senator Rand Paul in mutual distaste. “Lucifer in the flesh,” John Boehner, the former House speaker, said of Mr. Cruz in 2016. Even Satanists could not abide the comparison; a spokesman for the Satanic Temple quickly released a statement saying that the group wanted “nothing to do” with politicians like Mr. Cruz.

Evil

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37766 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The locals worship him, so there is that.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34836 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Another article about Republicans giving Cruz a pass.

Cruz' Cancun Trip OK per GOP

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
And the dog who was left behind in the (according to Mrs cruz (the woman I-1 called “ugly”)) FREEZING!!! house... its name is so liberal! Its name is...

wait for it...

Snowflake.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I guess that makes it easier for him to kick his dog ... Shrug

Posts: 12501 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ted Cruz continues to be a trailblazer as he becomes the first Hispanic person to flee FROM Texas TO Mexico because of ICE

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34836 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post