well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Escape from the cascade of carp.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Escape from the cascade of carp.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
On Netflix Power of the Dog is an excellent movie.

Beautiful cinematography, slow, dark, didn’t like any if the characters. Made it about half way.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
If you enjoy British comedy shows, we love As Time Goes By on Britbox........Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer are brilliant....and you might find some other stuff that's up your alley...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37926 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
On Netflix Power of the Dog is an excellent movie.

Beautiful cinematography, slow, dark, didn’t like any if the characters. Made it about half way.
Same here. Depressing. I suspect the book was better.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Hey Steve, have you checked out your library’s e-offerings? Hoopla, Acorn TV, Kanopy …

At least I think this is it…

https://www.lorainpubliclibrar...ibrary/entertainment

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37926 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
And Amazon Prime has deals on premium channels…..99 cents a month for two months…that’s where I signed up for the Britbox deal….

Bazootiehead-in-training

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen (and would recommend) Don't Look Up on Netflix?

I am starting Schitt's Creek... looking forward to it based on everyone's comments. I'm prepared for it to start slowly.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
My kids think Schitts Creek is excellent. They also recommend gutting out the first few shows because it improves after that.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
For some reason, I'm finding entertainment in historical series (who would have thought, the Russians made two series about Catherine the Great at the SAME time? At first I thought I was just getting the faces mixed up!)

Especially when the character development is well done, they seem to take my mind off today's dramas. (Wow! I had no idea how many royal families lost children and spouses to smallpox and the Black Plague.)

When my sons and I watch shows together we're enjoying Twilight Zone episodes, while one son and I are nearing the end of "Upstairs Downstairs".

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Atypical on Netflix is really really good. Charming and funny but not a sitcom - definitely a drama that leaves you thinking. Mr. Lisa and I are anxiously awaiting their next season of episodes.

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post