well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I know I don't need one, but this is very cool

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I know I don't need one, but this is very cool
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
You've still got time to fit in some outdoor parties this fall before the weather gets too cold, and a pizza oven can be a great addition to your backyard setup. For Prime Day, one of our favorites, the Ooni Fyra 12, is 22 percent off and down to just over $279.

Normally priced at $349, the Fyra 12 is a good option for those who prefer making personal pizzas. Its 12-inch side makes it ideal for smaller creations, and it's portable as well. The Fyra has foldable legs and a detachable chimney, plus it weighs only 22 pounds. That means you could bring this to a friend's house for a group pizza party pretty easily. This machine uses wood pellets to reach up to 950 degrees Fahrenheit, and it's usually ready to cook in only 15 minutes. We've recommended Ooni pizza ovens in the past, and they're even better when you can get them on sale.

https://www.engadget.com/oonis...e-day-141536437.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37769 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I know I wouldn’t use it enough to make it pay, and then it would just be another piece of clutter at my house!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9787 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Party at wtg's!

Pretty cool looking. Let us know how well it works.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I have one like it that sits on the grill but I've never been able to get it hot enough to really work.

It's in the basement...

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34837 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
So far I'm managing to resist. Have to agree with AM, it would like likely end up not getting enough use to justify the cost or the storage.

It's just so darn cute....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37769 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I have one like it that sits on the grill but I've never been able to get it hot enough to really work.

It's in the basement...

Maybe that's what that round thing is for...

Our grill has so many pieces they get in the way.

Posts: 24642 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
So far I'm managing to resist. Have to agree with AM, it would like likely end up not getting enough use to justify the cost or the storage.

It's just so darn cute....

I shouldn't eat pizza.

If I could get past that, I'd seriously want one.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Congratulate me...I made it to the end of the Prime Day sale without ordering one....

There's a larger version that has various fuel options.

And it's Recommended!

quote:
The first and only pizza oven to be ‘Recommended for Domestic Use’ by the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana, the acclaimed international authority on true Neapolitan pizza.

And it's not just for pizzas...

quote:
After just 15 minutes of preheating, you’ll be cooking at 950°F (500°C), making flame-cooked pizzas in 60 seconds, perfectly seared Tomahawk steaks, grilled veggies and more with the Ooni Karu 16 oven.

https://ooni.com/collections/o...roducts/ooni-karu-16

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Why did I open this thread?
I like kitchen gadgets. Have been told "No more."

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I live in Staten Island. There are approximately 400 pizza joints all trying to outdo each other on quality. Many are exquisite, so I’ll pass on the backyard oven.

I used to make home brewed beer too. Then suddenly excellent craft brew appeared, and so no need for the equipment, effort (and frankly, mess). I don’t drink much beer anyway, but it’s nice that the good stuff is only a block or two away.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13778 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Muffin's Sister tells me that pizza ovens are great for roasting vegetables and blistering tomatoes.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I have drooled over looked longingly at these ever since I went on a pizza making binge in the early days of Covid.

Like Quirt, I shouldn't be eating pizza, and like others, I have no room for it.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13524 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Big Al posted a link to this guy's blog in the "always read the reviews thread"; it was about butcher block....the blogger also had a review of the Ooni pizza oven.

https://www.aconcordcarpenter....zza-oven-review.html

I really need to talk a friend into buying one of these so I can get the benefit of it without the expense...

Bazootiehead-in-training

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I've converted to cauliflower crust. Can eat pizza now with a vengeance.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21302 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The Ooni has competition.

Meet the Solo Stove Pi:

https://reviewed.usatoday.com/...ve-pizza-oven-review

Costco has them:

https://www.costco.com/.produc...23_0321_OutdoorFocus

Not cheap, and it's another couple of hundred bucks to add the propane gas option if you don't want the hassle of wood.

fun to dream but am not buying one....

Bazootiehead-in-training