well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Left behind

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left behind
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
'He just doesn't get it': has Trump been left behind by America's awakening on racism?

The killing of George Floyd has been a turning point for for everyone but the president – who has seldom been so isolated from his own party and the public

https://www.theguardian.com/us...-awakening-on-racism

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37874 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
What's interesting to me is when I read that some of his more traditional base is (are?) dissatisfied with him. The biggest hits I think he took last week were as a result of that photo op, which shocked many Christians (even the most conservative) and many military.

If he loses any from his base, it's unlikely he can do anything to gain those votes from anywhere else. He's painted himself into a corner, by pandering to his base exclusively. He has alienated virtually everyone else. If we see continued erosion in his base, even just a small amount, he really has no Plan B.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:

he really has no Plan B.

Putin does

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post