well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What reserved vaccines...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What reserved vaccines...
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
When Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced this week that the federal government would begin releasing coronavirus vaccine doses held in reserve for second shots, no such reserve existed, according to state and federal officials briefed on distribution plans. The Trump administration had already begun shipping out what was available beginning at the end of December, taking second doses directly off the manufacturing line.

Now, health officials across the country who had anticipated their extremely limited vaccine supply as much as doubling beginning next week are confronting the reality that their allocations will not immediately increase, dashing hopes of dramatically expanding eligibility for millions of elderly people and those with high-risk medical conditions. Health officials in some cities and states were informed in recent days about the reality of the situation, while others are still in the dark.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...b-enus-1541512262291

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37879 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
http://well-temperedforum.grou...533952597#5533952597

quote:
Another problem I can foresee is a clinic is told how many doses they will get total and administers half that number which may be all of the doses they get on the first shipment. Then, two or three months later when it's time for people to get their second dose, the vaccine doesn't arrive. Then what?

Not saying I told you so, but...

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
This situation is so messed up. Curse

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Criminal negligence = Trump.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Our governator announced new roll-out plans yesterday for the vaccine. This morning she announced that we would NOT be receiving additional vaccines and the new rollout plan was cancelled, because they received a memo from the WH that there are no more to distribute.

I'm not even sure if I believe that. There are at least two highly plausible situations that may be at work: 1) Trump allowed his cronies to take a huge chunk of the vaccines, to be sold to the highest bidder elsewhere; 2) the vaccines are around but are not being released (or, even perhaps destroyed) just to vent his anger and pettiness.

Yes, this is where we are. He's a dangerous man and he will stop at nothing to burn the house down on his way out.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post