well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Mom has lung cancer...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mom has lung cancer...
 Login/Join

Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear it Ron.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Comfort to Ron, Ken, and their families.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Working without any specific data at this point, but she currently wants to focus on quality of life, not length...

I'm sorry to hear of her illness, Ron. We went through that with my FIL a few years ago, who continued treatments. It was a mistake and robbed him of a lot of the quality time he could have had. In the absence of other information, I think she is wise to take this approach.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13509 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear this, Ron. We went through this with my father, many years ago. My heart goes out to you.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15496 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the news about your mother, Ron.

Posts: 13626 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry, Ron.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry, Ron. I'll be keeping your family in my thoughts.

Posts: 35360 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
So sorry, Ron.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10557 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this, Ron.

Posts: 14230 | Location: Merry Land | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone! If any of you have suggestions for online support communities for either mom and myself....

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7540 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I don't know the various online communities, but my friend who had ovarian cancer said that the American Cancer Society was extremely helpful in many regards. She said she contacted them not expecting too much of anything, but ultimately found them to be a very valuable resource.

https://www.cancer.org/treatme...ms-and-services.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
Also so sorry to hear this Ron. I am presently going through a similar situation with my mother. She has lung cancer that is inoperable, but I must say - immunotherapy is such a blessing. It is a year now and her tumor is 20% smaller.

She is dealing with other issues like cardiac and a real struggle to eat enough, but the cancer is doing well, knock on wood. She gets Keytruda as an infusion.

God bless you and your mother, Ron.

rich galassini
cunningham piano co.
215 991-0834
rich@cunninghampiano.com

Posts: 2679 | Location: Philly/South Jersey | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about this, Ron. Best wishes for your mother and family.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12675 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Any new news?

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Confirmed diagnosis of Mesothelioma. (getting better at pronouncing that) No cure possible, though some treatments offer to slow down the process.

The diagnosis actually has helped her decide to focus on comfort. If she were younger, she might explore the chemo and radiation, surgery and other options. The team meets Tuesday to discuss what she is elegible to try...

She has a catheter now that allows the home health nurse stop by every few days to drain the fluid build up. So far, she is feeling better than she has for months with the ability to use both lungs. All the cancer is in her right lung - so far. She's using the same doc that helped her through breast cancer a few years back. They have a good relationship.

She misses getting into the pool at the Y three times a week.(can't with the catheter in) I'm hoping she can find something active to do while her body allows.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7540 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post