well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Mom has lung cancer...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mom has lung cancer...
 Login/Join

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Prayers for swift healing!

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed. Please check in when you can.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Doc said it went well. Had to take a small part of the lung too. She had a epidural to help with pain after - gives her a pain button to self-medicate to some degree...

Nurse told me this is one of the most painful surgeries possible, so I'm guessing this will be a tough week. Stable and awake in ICU.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nurse told me this is one of the most painful surgeries possible, so I'm guessing this will be a tough week.

I'm glad to hear that it went well, but re the above, oh dear, I hope it won't be too hard on her!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18514 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Glad that it is over and reports that it went well. My best to Mom.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
So the epidural is working great - She's uncomfortable with all the tubes and stuff, but claims she isn't really in any pain.

Ate with gusto today, which is a change from the last couple of weeks. Will be in ICU for another day until her blood pressure comes up - she got a unit of bood today, that should help.

She turned on her phone and ipad today and has begun to reach out to friends and family.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
That is truly amazing and wonderful! Any injuries or surgery in and around the lungs is very painful, as I know after I took a tumble some years ago and knocked the wind out of myself. Trying to breathe or move was very painful.

I'm so glad she's doing well so soon after surgery. Must be that WTF energy that's helping...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37932 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Really glad it went well, Ron. That’s good news.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Been wondering how your Mom is doing. Any updates?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37932 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
She has a 'recovery month' now. Tubes out and she is driving and getting back to normal(ish) life. Can't get into the pool (her happy place) for a couple more weeks at least. Then she is set for at least a round of chemo. She is going to take it step by step; keeping the option open to stop with aggressive treatments at any time.

Still not really breathing deeply - taking walks, but she has a knee giving her a hard time, so limited in distance by that.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Sounds like she's making steady progress. That's great to hear!

Does she sing? She may be too far away to join this group, but I thought it was a wonderful concept.

https://www.dailyherald.com/ne...-other-lung-diseases

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Glad she is driving and getting back to a more normal life.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yes, a bit of normalcy goes a long way. I'm glad she's on the mend.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by well-tempered gardener:
Sounds like she's making steady progress. That's great to hear!

Does she sing? She may be too far away to join this group, but I thought it was a wonderful concept.

https://www.dailyherald.com/ne...-other-lung-diseases

Funny you mention that! She does get a lot from singing in church - feels it is a good workout for getting her to breathe deeper. She likes to sing "with" but doesn't have any interest to sing "for". I've suggested finding youtube hymns online and belting along while alone...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear she's getting around. ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34970 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post