well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Mom has lung cancer...

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/8651020366

05 February 2019, 06:28 AM
Dan
Mom has lung cancer...
Sorry to hear it Ron.
05 February 2019, 07:30 AM
wtg
Comfort to Ron, Ken, and their families.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

05 February 2019, 07:41 AM
Mikhailoh
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Working without any specific data at this point, but she currently wants to focus on quality of life, not length...

I'm sorry to hear of her illness, Ron. We went through that with my FIL a few years ago, who continued treatments. It was a mistake and robbed him of a lot of the quality time he could have had. In the absence of other information, I think she is wise to take this approach.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

05 February 2019, 08:21 AM
Mary Anna
I'm so sorry to hear this, Ron. We went through this with my father, many years ago. My heart goes out to you.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

05 February 2019, 08:39 AM
markj
Sorry to hear the news about your mother, Ron.
05 February 2019, 08:53 AM
Steve Miller
I am very sorry, Ron.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

05 February 2019, 12:07 PM
Nina
I'm so sorry, Ron. I'll be keeping your family in my thoughts.
05 February 2019, 12:09 PM
Bernard
So sorry, Ron.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

05 February 2019, 12:12 PM
markb
So sorry to hear this, Ron.
05 February 2019, 03:33 PM
rontuner
Thanks everyone! If any of you have suggestions for online support communities for either mom and myself....

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

05 February 2019, 04:33 PM
wtg
I don't know the various online communities, but my friend who had ovarian cancer said that the American Cancer Society was extremely helpful in many regards. She said she contacted them not expecting too much of anything, but ultimately found them to be a very valuable resource.

https://www.cancer.org/treatme...ms-and-services.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

07 February 2019, 10:30 PM
rich galassini
Also so sorry to hear this Ron. I am presently going through a similar situation with my mother. She has lung cancer that is inoperable, but I must say - immunotherapy is such a blessing. It is a year now and her tumor is 20% smaller.

She is dealing with other issues like cardiac and a real struggle to eat enough, but the cancer is doing well, knock on wood. She gets Keytruda as an infusion.

God bless you and your mother, Ron.

rich galassini
cunningham piano co.
215 991-0834
rich@cunninghampiano.com

07 February 2019, 10:43 PM
Axtremus
Sorry to hear about this, Ron. Best wishes for your mother and family.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

07 February 2019, 11:03 PM
Piano*Dad
Any new news?
09 February 2019, 10:15 AM
rontuner
Confirmed diagnosis of Mesothelioma. (getting better at pronouncing that) No cure possible, though some treatments offer to slow down the process.

The diagnosis actually has helped her decide to focus on comfort. If she were younger, she might explore the chemo and radiation, surgery and other options. The team meets Tuesday to discuss what she is elegible to try...

She has a catheter now that allows the home health nurse stop by every few days to drain the fluid build up. So far, she is feeling better than she has for months with the ability to use both lungs. All the cancer is in her right lung - so far. She's using the same doc that helped her through breast cancer a few years back. They have a good relationship.

She misses getting into the pool at the Y three times a week.(can't with the catheter in) I'm hoping she can find something active to do while her body allows.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com