well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Random musings.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Random musings.
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but that just proves they don't really know. I suspect for some folks it is still as deadly.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Get your hands off my Trader Joe's foo foo pate.

edit: And my Berta's chopped liver.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Hey, I love liver pate..foie gras, all that stuff.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I'm an only child and I never learned to share.

Neener

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that sounds like my mother's recipe. We used a meat grinder since food processors didn't exist back then.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The TV in our AirBnB here in AZ is connected to Direct TV but there are no local channels available and only one news channel - Fox.

Seems odd.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
The TV in our AirBnB here in AZ is connected to Direct TV but there are no local channels available and only one news channel - Fox.

Seems odd.

If the local channels are not broadcast by the satellite you will not get them. That was typical of the days when I lived too far from town to get cable. I got a ten-foot dish.
Could get the excited bomb guy from the plane bombing Bagdad or the Montreal Jazz Festival, but not the stations an hour away.
Used an antenna
to get a fuzzy picture of the weather broadcast from a station that was an hour away.

The owners of the AirBnB probably only pay for Fox News.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
The owners of the AirBnB probably only pay for Fox News.

Cost savings or political statement?

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Baby Einstein videos are incredible! Both grand babies were fussy but as soon as they started watching the BE video they calmed right down.

Too bad our kids were too old when these came out.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I think DirectTV must be cost savings. I've noticed that a LOT of my AZ AirBnB's had DirectTV, which is awful.

Why is it that when weather forecasting is wrong, most of the time it's incorrect as a false alarm? Are they in cahoots with the bread and bottled water industry? Wink

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Mushroom ketchup sounds like something I need to try.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Mom hated black pepper. So much so that when I put a teaspoon in an entire pot of chili and she refused to eat it. The pepper shakers at our house had white pepper in them.

It’s interesting that no one uses it anymore. The only place you can find it is as the dominant flavor in Kentucky Fried Chicken breading and especially in their coleslaw. I don’t use it much myself.

Maybe I should.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I use white pepper several times a week, even on steaks tonight. It is especially good in scrambled eggs.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
For years now, I've used cayenne pepper the way I used to use black pepper. I use a very light hand, so there's no more heat than black pepper gave, but I like the flavor better. I do still use black pepper on some things where I think it suits the dish more, but I never use fresh-ground. I find the big chunks of black pepper to be overpowering.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
I think DirectTV must be cost savings. I've noticed that a LOT of my AZ AirBnB's had DirectTV, which is awful.

Why is it that when weather forecasting is wrong, most of the time it's incorrect as a false alarm? Are they in cahoots with the bread and bottled water industry? Wink

Because “nothing to worry about” doesn’t attract eyeballs the way “we’re all going to die!” does. So there’s a bias toward catastrophic forecasts.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post