well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Win 10 Photos

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Win 10 Photos
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Transferring photos from the phone with the Win 10 Photos app has stopped working on my PC. I can get it going by doing the troubleshooting routine in "settings" but the next time I go to use it it doesn't work again. This appears to be a common problem - lots about it on the 'net. I've tried the various fixes listed and none of them seem to work.

What I'd like is an aftermarket program that will do the same thing. Does anyone use one that they like?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
1. What phone do you have?

2. Have you tried an app like the google photos app?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
1. What phone do you have?

2. Have you tried an app like the google photos app?

iPhone 7.

I have not heard of Google Photos. I'll check in to it.

Thanks!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Since you have an iPhone, do you use iCloud? You should have access to a free account. If you have a username and password, you can sign into your iCloud on any browser. If you upload your photos from your phone to iCloud, then you can get them onto your computer using your iCloud account. Tere's a little bit of time lag if you do this automatically. Another option is to create an iCloud link of the photos, and then email that link, then clicking on the link gets you access to them from any browser. I tend to do this with videos because otherwise it takes forever to copy/upload videos.

BTW when you say "transferring," do you mean connecting the iPhone to the laptop (or desktop) with the lightning cable?

I am an iPhone and Windows 10 user, so I feel your pain, it shouldn't be as big of a PITA as it is!!

Have you ever used AirDrop from one iphone to another? That is so fast, so easy. But it has to be two apple devices. -_-

Let me know if any of these ideas help!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post