well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Chaos Vote

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Chaos Vote
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
Tear it down

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25705 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I know people like this.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34965 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I think their cautions about overinterpretation are good. In many ways, Bernie and Elizabeth Warren are part of the "burn it all down" crowd. They're just more diplomatic about it.

There are definitely people out there who view our election/governemt system as fundamentally flawed, particularly after Citizens United. The fact that the GOP can essentially shut down the government by blocking anything in the Senate (regardless of public sentiment) is a good example.

What I don't understand is whether the "chaos voter" would even vote. If they do vote, it seems like there are more "blow it up" candidates on the Democratic/Green/Independent slate than on the GOP, so it doesn't really explain what we're seeing in the elections.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post