well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The little changes I've noticed
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The little changes I've noticed
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Home Depot:

Smart and Final:

Vons:

What I ended up getting:

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34837 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I think you need more wine.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37769 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Wow. I think people have been watching too many movies. They’re preparing for the zombie apocalypse.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30029 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
PSA:

Those of you who want hand sanitizer and can't find it, and can't find alcohol to make it yourself, hie thee to the nearest liquor store.

Everclear is 98% pure ethanol. Problem solved! ThumbsUp

Posts: 34837 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
How about marine stove fuel? 90% ethanol, 10% methanol.

I think the methanol is just there to keep you from drinking it.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile we have this lady - who has been hoarding TP for a long time and doesn't look quite so crazy as she did before:

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Wow. I think people have been watching too many movies. They’re preparing for the zombie apocalypse.

More like a world war?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Just got home from Costco. People are definitely preparing for the zombie apocalypse. The line to get in was down one side of the building. The store normally opens at 10:00 on a weekday. Today, for some reason, they opened at 9:45. Maybe because there was a line. There was a guy at the door telling people that once they got inside, walk, don't run... there was no need to run.

I got in at 10:05. However much TP they had, it was gone by the time I got to the back corner of the store. They were limiting each customer to one bale. Oh, and it was the cheap commercial grade stuff like in a truck stop restroom.

I did need Kleenex and I got two bundles, but it's the expensive 3-ply snooty variety. Fine. We'll blow our noses in style if we get the sniffles.

There was a LOT of bottled water. Again, not sure why people are hoarding water. This is a pandemic, not an earthquake.

No pasta. Plenty of rice.

I got bananas, tomatoes, and greens. They were nearly out of tomatoes last weekend and they only had one pallet today. I wonder what's going on with the tomatoes. I got a box of protein bars. If we do get stuck in, they are fine for lunch. If we don't I'll take them camping or fishing this summer.

People were clearly panic-buying. The guy at the cashier behind me didn't have any big-ticket items, but his bill was over $500.

A woman in line behind me said she wanted to get a T-shirt that said "I'm not panicking... I'm actually out of these things".

Maybe I should have a chat with the women of the house about minimizing their TP use. At least for the next month or two.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

What Life?
Picture of piqaboo
posted Hide Post
Grocery store was out of tp, and pasta, but well stocked with rice, tortillas, bread, produce (except bananas). The surprise to me was they were nearly out of flour and entirely out of yeast, and still out of Reese's chips.

OT's ball 'n chain

Posts: 2691 | Registered: 07 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post

The worst of it is that price gouging has started. I checked the price of several things I normally buy and in the price is up as much as 25%.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A friend went to Costco yesterday morning and said all the paper towels and toilet paper were out. Guess they didn't get the shipment of Charmin they were expecting. And paper towels are bucks off this month; that run started on Wednesday.

Another friend stopped at a Home Depot around 11 am and said there were pallets and pallets of paper products. She said there were people there, but it wasn't crazy busy.

I think we're going to be seeing short term inventory disruptions as people stock up when they find things.

If the world runs short of tp, the plumbers and handymen of the world can clean up by installing bidets....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37769 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
What’s going to happen when everybody has a 6 month toilet paper supply and then nobody buys any for 6 months? This is just so crazy!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20411 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
If the world runs short of tp, the plumbers and handymen of the world can clean up by installing bidets....

I saw what you did there. Cool

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:

WhoMe

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:

The tap water here is 34 degrees F. Have no plug in nearby for a bidet water warmer. The shower is very close.

Big Grin Big Grin

WhoMe

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post