well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    GoFundMe for Trump wall
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GoFundMe for Trump wall
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Really.

quote:
“If the 63 million people who voted for Trump each pledge $80, we can build the wall.” That equates to roughly 5Billion Dollars, even if we get half, that's half the wall. We can do this.

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

Of course the wall is estimated to cost $30 billion, but that's just a detail....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
You have a problem with private citizens trying to make something happen the government won't?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13509 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
No. Where did you get that idea?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
They’ve got almost 9 million already. Wow. How much is go fund me going to make off of this?

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20398 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Remarkable.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34794 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
But...but...but... Mexico is funding it.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
You have a problem with private citizens trying to make something happen the government won't?

Private citizens don’t have eminent domain rights. This is just going to end up in an undifferentiated treasury account at best.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by well-tempered gardener:
Original post was a bit snarky.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The guy behind the initiative.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/t...as-fake-news-n950636

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by well-tempered gardener:
Original post was a bit snarky.

It is true I don't think much of the initiative. But I respect the supporters right to pursue it.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Fair enough.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
quote:

Private citizens don’t have eminent domain rights. This is just going to end up in an undifferentiated treasury account at best.

... which tells me that it's a totally stupid idea for totally stupid people.... welcome to Trump world.

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to see where that money ends up.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34794 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
quote:

... which tells me that it's a totally stupid idea for totally stupid people.... welcome to Trump world.
I know you don't realize it but you are a large part of why Trump was elected. There are a lot of people in this country who are tired of being told their ideas are stupid and backwards and that they should just listen to the more educated.

Persuasion will get you a lot further than dismissal.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
The "large part" notion is a nice feel-good way of blaming people like me for the moron in the White House. The real evidence about populism's global rise is very complex, so thanks for oversimplifying. Good way to dig at "people like me." Evil

Yes, I realize the benefits of persuasion. Do you think that "reasonable evidence" was not offered on the cost-benefit ratio for the wall? Of course it was. The evidence suggested the wall was "off the wall." But populists wanted a 30B "symbol" and GOP suck-ups worrying about being primaried jumped on board. I'm entitled to call that totally stupid.

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post