well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What's for Sunday lunch/dinner (formerly Wednesday dinner...)?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's for Sunday lunch/dinner (formerly Wednesday dinner...)?
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
What's an enchilada stoup and how do you make it?

Sounds intriguing.

Well, it starts with a recipe from Instagram that MrsTuner printed.... sauteed onions and garlic chicken breasts, beans, broth and 1/2 bottle of enchilada sauce in a crockpot - 4 hrs on high. We added a ton of chopped veggies from the fridge in the last hour so it is more stew than soup...

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I found a recipe for a Chicken Enchilada Soup. I think I have all the ingredients, with the possible exception of the chipotle in adobo sauce. But I'm sure I have some ground peppers in the spice pantry that I could substitute to provide the smoky flavor.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/cr...cken-enchilada-soup/

Mik, I was thinking about cooking the brussels sprouts in a little bacon fat instead of butter. Think it would be too bacony?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Chicken Enchilada Soup

I used the Instant Pot version of the recipe from the previous post. I used about a tablespoon of chili con carne spice from the Spice House instead of the chipotles in adobo because I didn't have any in the basement pantry. Also out of black beans, so I used a can of dark red kidney beans.

Needs very little sour cream as a garnish. I had a few spoons of guacamole left, so we each got a little instead of avocado.

Some corn chips might be nice, but we didn't have any.

All in all - Delish!!!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Looks great!

Black bean soup for us tonight. Crockpot recipe.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Jalapeno Cheetos. But dinner will be leftover Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic from last night. MFR will have leftover pizza from Friday night. Everybody happy.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post

Mr wtg's chicken fried rice and Trader Ming's cha siu bao.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Mouthwatering, wtg. Mr wtg appears to have a real talent for putting together Chinese fried rice versions.

This could be an immense blessing in getting through the culinary ordeal we face. That is, without resorting to rice and oil and some spices - especially if one carefully husbands vegetable and meat leftovers.

(One thing I haven't dared to buy recently is green onions which much Chinese cooking seems to feature...)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We use Trader Joe's BBQ Teriyaki Chicken. It has two sauce packets, so we use half the chicken and one packet for a batch of fried rice. It's a frozen meal, which we thaw in the microwave and cut up into smaller pieces.

https://mantoujoe.blogspot.com...hicken-teriyaki.html

Not an option for you, but we've also used leftover BBQ ribs we buy from our grocery store. We just cut off the meat and dice it up.

Carrots are a good keeper, and we have a bunch of bags of frozen peas. A few eggs, a can of water chestnuts, a few green onions and we're good.

Bazootiehead-in-training