well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Unclaimed assets

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unclaimed assets
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Easy way to check multiple states.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...-minutes/ar-BB1fDKUo

Worth checking. Five bucks says there are WTFers that have unclaimed money somewhere....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37859 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Well, color me shocked! According to this, I have unclaimed assets through my parents.

But when I read what I have to submit, I'm not even sure I will pursue it. (It doesn't tell you how much they have for you.)

Posts: 35373 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Did you look on the state's site? They usually tell you what dollar range the assets are in. Might influence your decision.

I found $20,000 for a friend's mom a couple of years ago. Her mom had an IRA that she had forgotten about.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37859 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I have an under $100 one listed.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20435 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The state DOR takes you to the same page as on your clearinghouse site, wtg--and under amount, listed as "unknown."

Worth it for $20,000. For < $100, not so much. Big Grin

Posts: 35373 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I had found one in our state a few years ago. They publish an extensive list in the Boston Globe every so often.

I think I had an unclaimed $50 refund due to me.

I did find my sister in law's name on the list and passed it on to her but it turned out to be someone with the same name. Shrug

Still good to check now and then..you never know.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Under $100 for my bride.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13543 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I did this some years ago and had quite a windfall

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21323 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post