well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Iconic book covers

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iconic book covers
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Have to admit I hadn't seen a lot of these before...

https://getpocket.com/explore/...source=pocket-newtab

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37786 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I was surprised that I recognized almost all of those. Then I remembered that my two jobs during HS were in a library and a used bookstore... WhoMe

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18326 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I recognized more titles than book covers. I read a lot of those books in paperback editions that often had different cover art, not original hardcover editions, and a lot of library books had been rebound before I encountered them.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7376 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I’ve noticed…not just in book covers… that display type styles in the 60s and 70s tended toward the round and fat. Wonder how that correlates to other cultural characteristics.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post