well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So what are you doing to pass the time?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So what are you doing to pass the time?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I am taking this opportunity to relax with what is now being called a Quarrentini.

Two olives (I stocked up), and I am drinking it by myself.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I am taking this opportunity to relax with what is now being called a Quarrentini.

Two olives (I stocked up), and I am drinking it by myself.

Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Just started a nonfiction book that made the top ten books at the NYT.

It’s called “No Visible Bruises.” It’s about domestic violence in the US.

Riveting.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Working through my yarn stash. Just call me the Bag Lady.

Bags ("Moroccan Market Tote") and the beginning of a placemat. Sorry for the washed out photo; room was dark and the flash went off.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Is it crochet or knitting? I’m starting back to work on some crochet blocks.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Crochet. I know how to knit but never got very good at it. My mom was the knitter.

Link to pattern for the bag below. She has some very nice tutorials.

She originally used Lion Brand Collection Cotton Bamboo. That seems to be hard to find; the only place I located it was on LB's site.

She had another blog entry where she talked about LB 24/7 Cotton yarn. It's 100 percent mercerized cotton and a joy to work with. Gauge seems to be the same as the Cotton Bamboo. Great colors.

I had to go down a couple of hook sizes to match her gauge on the bag. I'm terrible at color selection. I think next time I'll use Camel instead of Lemon for the center. the pastel yellow washes out against the Ecru that forms the "web".

https://www.mooglyblog.com/moroccan-market-tote/

I've made some placemats with it that I love. Machine wash and dry. I did the color blocks (my own color choices) and some solid (but I still did the different stitch where the color joins would be, for textural interest). Now I'm just making the rainbow stripes that are in the pic above. Mindless crocheting but a lot of ends to work in.

http://littlemonkeyscrochet.com/color-block-placemat/

I wish I were a knitter. I've seen some really nice things on AM's blog.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Just made this. Used 1/2 c white, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and Used 3/4 c all purpose and 3/4 + cups whole wheat. And added some chopped walnuts and miniature chocolate chips. It’s *really* good.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
"remove odd pots and pans from oven"

Heh.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I missed that part! Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Supposed to be making a block scarf.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Cool

Great colors and patterns. That's a lot of ends to hide and blocks to join.

I'm a lazy bum and usually go for monochrome patterns with texture. Or self-striping yarns if I want something more interesting.

We finished our puzzle:

Next up, but we probably won't start till tomorrow:

Bazootiehead-in-training

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Made a big three-bean salad the other night. Red and white beans soaked/cooked, and parboiled green beans, Dijon vinaigrette. Turned out to be enough for a crowd, or several days.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Repotted some house plants and seedlings.

Planted a sweet potato vine tuber I saved in the fridge from last season.

And working at home. Shrug

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Walking, walking, walking the neighborhood while the weather is good. Snow is forecast tomorrow.

Started some seeds today, did yard clean up and worked on a sewing project.

I am making a jumper from African wax fabric..Originally I planned to wear it to our fund raiser, but since that looks unlikely, I decided to go forward and take my time and improve my skills with my new-to-me machine.

I did work on a baby quilt for an online shower..I washed it before packing it up. Razzer

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
I've been watching the Metropolitan Opera On Demand. From my Thursday evening Facebook post:
It's been a tough week for leading ladies -
Monday: Carmen - stabbed
Tuesday: Mimi - consumption
Wednesday: Leonora - drank poison
Thursday: Violetta - consumption

Posts: 335 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post