well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So what are you doing to pass the time?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So what are you doing to pass the time?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Um, that actually doesn't belong on this thread. I'll move it someplace more appropriate.

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15505 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I still have to start my taxes... I did finish a couple of other organizing projects though!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
First, I took a nap. The stress is tiring.

I mowed the lawn. It didn’t take very long (even using an old-fashioned push mower).

I have about a dozen containers with plant cuttings from the last two years. I weeded all of them. Last year I put maybe 20 or 30 cuttings from a Greek oregano into a container. It looks like nearly all of them rooted! So I divided that into nine containers. I’m hoping for a LOT of oregano.

I need to plant the rest of the garlic chive seeds I saved from last year. I haven’t gotten enough growing in one place to really start harvesting them. I’ve just been using a few at a time. But the seeds seem to have gone into several other containers on their own, so last year I picked some of the ripe flowers and saved the seeds. I’m looking forward to a LOT of chives.

Oh, a few of the chives that were in a container on the ground have been nibbled. I’m thinking there’s a bunny around here with garlic breath.

There were a number of people out walking today. Seems reasonable. If you keep your distance, I don’t see any need to just lock yourself inside. Am I missing something?

Tomorrow, it’s back to work... in the basement.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30029 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
If you're worried about what to do while you're quarantined, remember that while he was in isolation, Mathematician Theodore Kaczynski completed more than 16 successful technical projects and wrote a 35 thousand word essay that was published in the New York Times

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
If you're worried about what to do while you're quarantined, remember that while he was in isolation, Mathematician Theodore Kaczynski completed more than 16 successful technical projects and wrote a 35 thousand word essay that was published in the New York Times

And in 2020, we’re writing successful internet memes. Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20410 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We are the Unamemers.

Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37752 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
We're having a virtual dinner party tonight with good friends. Skype hooked up to the big screen TV, eating on the coffee table. I'll fix chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic, split it and deliver that and the wine of the night to their doorstep, along with some veggies they can cook themselves, thus killing any chance of virus. They can nuke the chicken for a minute of so and at a prearranged time we will call and have a nice dinner and chat.

When life gives you lemons.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13520 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I love that idea. Wish you were my neighbor!

Smiler Jodi

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Mik, that’s a great idea!! We had already contacted a friend to set up a Skype date. We’ll have to do the food thing next time!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18312 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Love the skype party idea!

In the meantime,

We watch movies on the 82" in 5.1 Digital Dolby Surround Sound, Listen to the stereo and make music using a variety of instruments mostly consisting of guitar and piano. lol

Last night Netflix recommended the movie "Outbreak". We watched it. lol

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
What Arnold is doing.

https://twitter.com/Schwarzene...383795205169152?s=20

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37752 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Adorable.

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
[Q ROTFLMAO UOTE]Originally posted by wtg:
What Arnold is doing.

https://twitter.com/Schwarzene...383795205169152?s=20[/QUOTE]

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13520 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
[Q ROTFLMAO UOTE]Originally posted by wtg:
What Arnold is doing.

https://twitter.com/Schwarzene...383795205169152?s=20
[/QUOTE]

Who’s cleaning up after his animals?

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9786 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I have two sets of really nice dominoes... wanna play

But I’m practicing several piano pieces, including one really hellacious one, so I’m busy enough.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13777 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post