well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Spam Alert

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spam Alert
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Here's something new. I got a cell phone call today and the caller ID said "AT&T alert: Spam risk." I did not answer it.

Maybe AT&T is getting a handle on the problem. ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34918 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Interesting.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you installed the "call protect" app from ATT? I know that's when I started getting those "spam risk" caller ID notifications...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Perhaps you installed the "call protect" app from ATT? I know that's when I started getting those "spam risk" caller ID notifications...

I don't remember doing that. Maybe it loads itself these days.

Posts: 34918 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I missed a call like that yesterday, too. I didn’t install anything special, but it may have come with an iOS update?

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I've been getting those for awhile from t-mobile. The text says something like "scam likely."

I think it would be really hard if you are running a business and are likely to get calls from people you don't know. I can simply not answer any unfamiliar number, or any number without a caller ID attached. I figure if it's important and I made a mistake, the caller will leave a voice mail. But if you are a business, you can't be so picky.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
We gave up our landline a couple years ago, so now everything comes to our cell phones. I’m never sure if I should answer a call if I don’t know the number!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
It’s gotten to where I don’t answer the phone all. If I like your message I’ll call you back.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I only pick up from family. My clients, I let go to voicemail which includes the suggestion to schedule appointments via a link on my website...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
It’s gotten to where I don’t answer the phone all. If I like your message I’ll call you back.

Me, too. If you can't leave a message, I can't be bothered.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post