well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Another COVID shortage

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another COVID shortage
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Move over, national coin and Clorox wipes shortages.

There's a new coronavirus pandemic shortage of the nation's most popular pizza topping.

Small pizza shops across the nation are reporting higher prices for pepperoni, according to Bloomberg, which found a South Dakota shop is paying $4.12 a pound compared to $2.87 in January 2019.

Emily, a New York City pizza shop, is paying $6 a pound, up from $4 earlier this year, chef and co-owner Matthew Hyland told Bloomberg.

“It’s an American right to have pepperoni on pizza,” Hyland told Bloomberg. “Pepperoni is such a huge part of pizza it’s important to us that we keep it accessible.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story...r-prices/5595762002/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37769 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ok, now it's serious...

FWIW, a friend who just moved to take a new position is finding that she cannot get a washer/dryer to save her life, she said she was told that's because of covid as well.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18320 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Another shortage: Diet Dr Pepper.

At the beginning of the lockdown, when I was in party mode, I grabbed a case of it. I've spent years trying to stay away from diet soda, and DDP is my favorite. Well, like a relapsed junky, and in COVID party mode, I found myself having a big glass every day.

It's just as well that there's a shortage, so I can get back on the wagon. How weird, though. From what I read, it's partially due to an aluminum shortage, partially due to the fact that everyone's soda consumption now is cans or plastic bullets (as opposed to getting your fix from a soda fountain or restaurant), and the desire to fix the shortage by concentrating on the big favorites (presumably Coke, Pepsi, etc.).

Apparently Diet Dr Pepper isn't so popular. Heathens.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
DD has a thing for Red Baron "Deluxe" pizza -- the one with pepperoni, sausage, red peppers and onion bits. A couple months ago, it disappeared from stores. As did the pepperoni and sausage one. The last couple times I looked, all they had was pepperoni and just cheese.

Same thing at Costco. I used to grab a slice of the combo. Now, they only have pepperoni (way to greasy) and just cheese (okay, but boring).

I assume that the waves of COVID that have swept through meat plants have decimated the country's sausage production.

I haven't hit a MOD Pizza in a while. I wonder if they have raised their prices.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30029 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Another shortage: Diet Dr Pepper.

At the beginning of the lockdown, when I was in party mode, I grabbed a case of it. I've spent years trying to stay away from diet soda, and DDP is my favorite. Well, like a relapsed junky, and in COVID party mode, I found myself having a big glass every day.

It's just as well that there's a shortage, so I can get back on the wagon. How weird, though. From what I read, it's partially due to an aluminum shortage, partially due to the fact that everyone's soda consumption now is cans or plastic bullets (as opposed to getting your fix from a soda fountain or restaurant), and the desire to fix the shortage by concentrating on the big favorites (presumably Coke, Pepsi, etc.).

Apparently Diet Dr Pepper isn't so popular. Heathens.

Diet Squirt is the best. Although I haven’t had that in years; I quit! Current Covid relapse is Cheetos.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9787 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post